Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Daniel\'s Book

I may be remembering incorrectly, but doesnt DN's long awaited book come out in a few weeks? havent heard much about it at all. Anyone have any info?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Daniel\'s Book

From my interview with Mr. Negreanu previously published in Two Plus Two Internet Magazine.

deacsoft: The word has been out for a while now that you have a book in the works. Can you tell us a little about it?

Daniel Negreanu: I plan on writing a few books actually, but the first one will cover hold'em only. The meat of the book will be my finishing chapter. That chapter will go into great detail on how to play "small ball". “Small ball” is an approach that is used amongst virtually every successful tournament player out there today. The theme behind it is simple: how to accumulate a large stack of chips without taking any big risks.

deacsoft: It has been said that other authors will have a hand in writing it. Can you give us an idea of who those other authors are?

Daniel Negreanu: There will be specific chapters regarding a wide variety of aspects to hold'em. Todd Brunson, for example, will be covering no limit hold'em cash game strategy, while Carlos Mortensen will discuss Bluffing. Also contributing chapters will be the likes of Evelyn Ng, Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi, Tuan Le, David Williams, Josh Arieh, and Erick Lindgren.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:21 PM

Wow, sounds like its gonna be quite a read. If it actually does ship on 2/6 like amazon says, I'm REALLY stoked.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:22 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:12 AM

on amazon it says the book does ship on January 8, 2008. Is this possible?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was another book of his which is in stores now. It is a much smaller book and is geared for beginners. The new book is over 600 pages and I believe is truly going to be a great book. At least I hope so.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 PM

You are wrong wetleg! I am talking about "Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy" and NOT his beginner book "Hold'em Wisdom for all Players: Simple and Easy Strategies to Win Money".On amazon it says January 8, 2008.Please check next time before posting.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it's possible. With that many authors involved in the project and the topics they wish to write about this would not be a quick or easy book to finish.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Hi Shahin:

While it does say January 8, 2008, it use to say February, 2007. (It's my job to be aware of these things.) It also says that the book is not yet released.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 01-25-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are wrong wetleg! I am talking about "Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy" and NOT his beginner book "Hold'em Wisdom for all Players: Simple and Easy Strategies to Win Money".On amazon it says January 8, 2008.Please check next time before posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

May I recommend some kind of sedative for you sir?