Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Crazy hand at the Wynn and a total D-bag move by a d-bag.

I'm playing 5-10 NL last night at the Wynn. The game is good, with only 2 players at the table who play a tricky solid game, the rest are tourists/gamblers.

There's a limp from UTG+1 and I limp with 4-4, MP limps, Button limps, blinds call.

Flop

10-4-2 RB

checks to me, I bet $60

MP calls, Button calls

At this point I'm wondering if one of them has a gutter/oesd or if they're both calling w/ a pair. Whatever, we'll find out.

Turn

3 no flush draw.

Okay, probably the worst/second worst card in the deck that could fall, but I bet $140.

MP raises to $280. Button just calls.

I'm a little confused w/ the min-raise, but here's the stacks:

Me: $1400

MP: $1000

Button: What appears to be $800 or so

(these are preflop stack sizes)

I don't really think too long about it and shove my chips in the middle.

MP calls, Button calls.

MP has 10-10, button has 5-6.

[censored].

Strange place to limp 10-10, but oh well.

River card comes a 2, pairing the board, and I ship about $600 and some change to the dealer to give to MP.

Not realizing that the D-bag on the button had 5 1K chips behind his other chips....

In the previous hand he paid off an obvious flush on the flop when he had AA no redraw against a very newbie/amateur who seriously overbet the pot on the flop w/ his baby flush. Apparently he pulled a flag out of his pocket and changed it into 5 1K chips, and stuck them behind his other chips. I never saw him do that, and his 5 1K chips were behind a few stacks of blues and underneath a few $1 chips.

So I go to reload, not realizing there's a side pot between me and him. I've got about $400 left in chips in front of me, and I reach into my pocket and pullout $1000 in cash, put it behind my chips, and then the D-bag says something like "why are you putting cash on the table?"

I said "i'm reloading".

Then he tells the dealer I put cash on the table, and the dealer informs me that there is a sidepot for my remaining $400 in chips, so I surprisingly put the cash back in my pocket.

The D-bag then proceeds to declare why he shouldn't have to pay up for the side pot, saying "if he put money on the table, how do i know he didn't put those chips on the table?"

We end up calling the floor, and while the floor's on it's way the table explains to him that those chips were there when the hand started, and several players didn't realize he had those $1K chips hidden behind his stack. I look at him and ask him if he's actually serious, and he doesn't want to look at me. I tell him it was a mistake and it's not an angle shoot, and I stood up and emptied my pockets showing that I had no chips in my pocket.

He bitches and moans about it to the dealer and the floor, trying like hell not to pay the side pot, and the dealer and the floor basically tell him he's an idiot and he owes me $400.

He then proceeds to leave the room.

A local 2p2'er confirmed he's the resident jackass at the Wynn.

Meh.

Two things that needed to happen; the dealer needed to make the side pots before he dealt the river card; and he needed to make D-bag put his $1K chips where they were visible, b/c I wasn't the only one who didn't know he was playing $5K behind.

-Tex
Old 03-15-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Crazy hand at the Wynn and a total D-bag move by a d-bag.

think he mentions the extra chips if u hit a 4?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:41 PM

Can you describe the guy to alert everyone?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He bitches and moans about it to the dealer and the floor, trying like hell not to pay the side pot, and the dealer and the floor basically tell him he's an idiot and he owes me $400.

He then proceeds to leave the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so did he pay and leave or just leave? Because if he just left, how is this not theft?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:04 PM

This isn't a tournament, it's your responsiblity to know the stacks, next time ask.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:16 PM

The guy must have been a parking attendant. I read somewhere that they are real d-bags.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:20 PM

What's his name?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a tournament, it's your responsiblity to know the stacks, next time ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

First he's not complaining about the hidden chips.

Second its makes no difference whether this is a tournament or not. High denomination chips are supposed to be visible in a no limit game.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 PM

No matter what is said in the beginning of the OP, the main points here are in the responses. Chips should be visible anytime you get into a sizable pot, and all clarification should be done prior to conclusion of the hand.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:59 AM

pretty generic looking dude.

white, probably early 30's, between 5'7 and 5'9, light brown hair medium length, average build, talks a lot.