Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Fulltilt\'s Not Closing

according to two of fulltilt's top execs they are not considering closing to the US palyers. that is why they have added 2 new deposit options with the past few weeks.

they are making too much from the US market to consider it.

they are expanding their non US market (up 30% in the past month), but they are not leaving the US anytime soon.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt\'s Not Closing

Anything else in the news?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything else in the news?

[/ QUOTE ]

McDonald's and Walmart are staying open as well.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that is why they have added 2 new deposit options with the past few weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

great. let me know when they add an option to withdraw.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:05 AM

If you talk to FullTilt - please tell them that simply adding payment processors is not good enough. They need to arrange a deal with them to give those of us who cashed out before the downfall of neteller a reason to get back in. What's with the incredible fees and monthly subscriptions? When neteller operated, they told me they made their money FROM THE SERVICE PROVIDERS - which was why it was free for us to use (other than instacash).

Now FTP seems to be saying - "hey we found these guys who'll take your money - good luck with that - hope it works out - and by the way fees up the wazoo are the wave of the future." Having a deal would mean these processors have some "skin in the game" - i.e., they would be dependent upon FTP for payment and thus would only get involved if they felt secure FTP would be able to pay. Its not much - but its something.

I also want them to issue some sort of public statement as to why they are not going to be forced out of business once these new regulations under the UIGEA kick in - how exactly legally speaking are they going to operate in the us in a reasonably efficient manner - primarily on the point of money transfers? Of course, i could hire a private jet to bring them bearer bonds for deposit and they could trade me kahwanmukisukkee fur pelts upon my withdrawal - but that's not going to cut it. What is the basis for neteller to just give up, credit card companies to ban gambling transactions, CHEXX to pull out of the gambling market, banks to deny check deposits etc. but other means are going to be hunky-dory? The devil is in the details and they need to spell it out.

Please remember just recently they offered click2pay and that went down the toilet rather quickly (with some people getting screwed in the process).

There is a squeeze going on here to take as much as they can until it becomes clear they can't operate as they used to.

Please also tell them as a long time customer - it is in the end a trust and customer service issue - and until I personally see some vast improvement and more clarification as to what is really going on and what the future holds - I won't be playing anymore - and anyone who asks ill tell them to stay away.

(Sorry for the rant - but it really irritates me when companies obviously have no regard for the intelligence of their customers and seem to think we are douche-like atms that froth at the mouth when they can't feed their habit)
Old 02-12-2007, 12:56 AM

What fees??? epassporte has no fees for basic in/out transfers. And it's marginally slower than Neteller, but still transfers happen in a matter of hours - yes, with full tilt. Why all the kvetching?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:57 AM

um ... epassporte.

Oh, wait - unless you're a pro/semi-pro. In that case, I don't know.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:10 AM

Here is what I mean:

"Step 5: Transfer Money
In order to deposit your money into your Full Tilt Poker account, you first need to transfer it to your ePassporte Virtual Visa. Select the credit card you have on file and enter the transfer amount.
Full Tilt Poker never charges a fee for using ePassporte, but ePassporte does charge a $5 fee for every $100 or portion thereof you deposit into your ePassporte account."

This is what it says on FullTilt's starting guide for Epassporte - essentially a 5% fee. Maybe for some reason this is now inapplicable - but that's what they say it costs - plus it takes 2 to 4 weeks to get the micro deposits - another week for the deposit to show etc.

But the truly egregious company is MyWEBatm - the list is unbelievable.

Gift cards have activation fees.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is what it says on FullTilt's starting guide for Epassporte - essentially a 5% fee. Maybe for some reason this is now inapplicable - but that's what they say it costs - plus it takes 2 to 4 weeks to get the micro deposits - another week for the deposit to show etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

5% for deposits made from a credit card to your epassporte account. It's free to and from the pokersites. After your initial bank transfer it's also just a $2 flat fee. The actual charges aren't bad if you don't mind waiting a week.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:28 AM

Cowboy - i get your point that it isnt so expensive - but there are fees nonetheless - and I would be inclined to do a lot more transferring to keep the account clear post neteller - so the fees might rack up. Who knows what the status will be several months from now?

But what I can't understand is why should I fund their money transfer mechanism (i would only use this for poker online) - and in particular, right after the neteller fiasco - literally millions tied up and probably lost? If they want my business - they should be offering all kinds of incentives etc. I can't believe people are willing to pay MORE than they used after what they have seen within the last month - people getting ripped off, scammed, locked out, told to wait indefinitely etc. They should be bending over backwards to get me back in - free service should be the least of it etc. They haven't lowered the rake i don't think?