Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Crazy hand at the Wynn and a total D-bag move by a d-bag.

[ QUOTE ]
Two things that needed to happen; the dealer needed to make the side pots before he dealt the river card; and he needed to make D-bag put his $1K chips where they were visible, b/c I wasn't the only one who didn't know he was playing $5K behind.
-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, and wrong.

1. It would be a big waste of time to set up all the side pots before the showdown. Why not wait to see if the biggest stack has the winner? If he does, we can just push all the chips to him.

2. You didn't see the big chips behind his stack. Why do you expect that the dealer could? Do dealers have x-ray vision? If you fail to notice the guy putting bigger chips on the table, then you can't mad at the dealer for also failing to notice. Also, it's possible that these bigger chips were added to the stack before this current dealer arrived to this game.

You trying to pin any of this on the dealer is slightly d-baggy.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:19 AM

The critical part of all this that remains unclear is whether d-bag paid and stomped out, or just took his chips and ran. If the former, then there really isn't much of a story here; guy loses, whines, eventually pays up and storms off to pout. If Tex didn't get paid, it's a much more interesting situation.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The critical part of all this that remains unclear is whether d-bag paid and stomped out, or just took his chips and ran. If the former, then there really isn't much of a story here; guy loses, whines, eventually pays up and storms off to pout. If Tex didn't get paid, it's a much more interesting situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, although I think Tx should have just challenged him to 10K fight yo.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two things that needed to happen; the dealer needed to make the side pots before he dealt the river card; and he needed to make D-bag put his $1K chips where they were visible, b/c I wasn't the only one who didn't know he was playing $5K behind.
-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, and wrong.

1. It would be a big waste of time to set up all the side pots before the showdown. Why not wait to see if the biggest stack has the winner? If he does, we can just push all the chips to him.

2. You didn't see the big chips behind his stack. Why do you expect that the dealer could? Do dealers have x-ray vision? If you fail to notice the guy putting bigger chips on the table, then you can't mad at the dealer for also failing to notice. Also, it's possible that these bigger chips were added to the stack before this current dealer arrived to this game.

You trying to pin any of this on the dealer is slightly d-baggy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree wholly on point one, and mostly on part two. If the dealer saw the chips he should(and perhaps... probably would have) said something.

The sidepot thing is standard, I hate watching dealers try and make sidepots. "Just run it and we'll figure it out after."

But yeah this is super-dirty, I'd talk to a shift manager about it if he stormed off with the money, mostly for principal, anglers need to die.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:28 AM

you misinterpreted the post entirely.

i wasn't putting any of this on the dealer.

how in the hell did you derive that conclusion?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:28 AM

I had a similar situation at the in the 2/5 game where it sounds like maybe the same guy had a couple of $1K chips hidden under and behind some $1's. He had sneaked them on to the table as he had sat with a rack of red and a stack of green.

We get into a big hand and he pushes on the flop. I have the current nuts but there is a flush draw on the board. I am calling, but before I do I want to know the total. I ask him "how much" and he responds "It all right there..." and it looks like I cover by a lot and call. He rivers his flush and then starts stacking out his chips...

He starts with the 3 $1K chips and I stop him right there, "Those don't play, you had them hidden" and as you can guess it went into a shouting match. The room manager came over and asked what was going on. The dealer managed to get the story out despite d-bag's interruptions. She ruled the chips did not play as no one on the table knew they were there until he stacked them out, they were hidden. D-bag was asked to leave after we settled the pot.

She explained that at the Wynn, hidden high denomination chips do not play, period. Got to love the Wynn!
Old 03-16-2007, 12:08 PM

Did he pay first?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

She explained that at the Wynn, hidden high denomination chips do not play, period. Got to love the Wynn!

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't play if he wins, but they do play if he loses (like the OP)?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:02 PM

Why can't people just play nice?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't play if he wins, but they do play if he loses (like the OP)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm comfortable with that decision. Turn the angle-shoot back on the shooter. Also, in the second case, he was asked specifically how much it was, so that could have been a factor, as I'm sure was the douchebagginess of the guy.