Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Foxwoods During WPT-Possible To Start 50/100 game?

I was at Foxwoods last November during the WPT and I recall them having 20/40 and 30/60. I don't remember seeing or hearing about any 40/80 games or 50/100.

But I did hear they ran 75/150, 100/200, 150/300 and possibly 200/400.

Would it be a waste of time to try and start a 50/100 game? Would they even run it? I don't know if they have placards for the tables using that limit. Plus, I'm concerned it might attract decent players while all the deep-pocketed fish are in the higher limits.

EDIT: Any chance they'd run a 2-7 triple draw game, or will they not spread it?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods During WPT-Possible To Start 50/100 game?

During the WPT in the fall of '05 they had a 50-100 Stud8 game going. From what I remember there was a mix of terrible and good players throughout the day. I know it was almost 2 years ago, but they will obviously spread it if you can get it going. I don't know about 2-7 though.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:18 AM

50/100 HE will probably run through most of the tournament time, it did during the last one. but I assume that isn't what you're talking about? there may have been some sporadic 40/80 games too.

there may occasionally be something like a 40/80 or 50/100 S8 or O8 game, or 2-3 game mixes (i've seen SE, OE, HOE, SHE, HO) but it won't go regularly, and your best bet is to find a bunch of players to help you start it early.

the placards aren't important they will write over them in marker if they need to, and they do have most placards.

the 50/100 HE was a great game when I sat in it, as was the 75 O8 game. I wouldn't worry about that.

there are no draw games at FW, it's against gaming regs. same with pineapple and chinese. These games are just too fun for a place like foxwoods.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:21 AM

Alright, I may consider starting a 50/100 O.R.E. game or something when I'm down there during the WPT. Thanks for the info guys!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I may consider starting a 50/100 O.R.E. game or something when I'm down there during the WPT. Thanks for the info guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

we played 50-100 last week just hold em id love to play ORE
Old 03-14-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we played 50-100 last week just hold em id love to play ORE

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the headsup Brian. Not sure when I'll be going down. Originally had a couple of Thursday nights booked while the WPT was in town, but I may have to cancel those reservations and just drive down on a Friday or Saturday night or something.

I'll feel more comfortable taking a shot at 50/100 with 3-4K obviously compared with 75/150. More breathing room is always nice.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:29 PM

The 50 doesn't run as often as a 75 will --what are your objections to a 75 game?

You will not see a TD game.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are no draw games at FW, it's against gaming regs. same with pineapple and chinese. These games are just too fun for a place like foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last Fall there was definitely a 2-7 list of interest at FW. I remember because it was the weekend of some poker club tournament that Raymer made an appearance for, and he actually started the list (or at least was the first name on it).

No idea if it was just an error by someone who doesn't know the reg you mentioned, though, and I'm fairly certain the game didn't go.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last Fall there was definitely a 2-7 list of interest at FW. I remember because it was the weekend of some poker club tournament that Raymer made an appearance for, and he actually started the list (or at least was the first name on it).

No idea if it was just an error by someone who doesn't know the reg you mentioned, though, and I'm fairly certain the game didn't go.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I mean you never really know for sure because foxwoods floor people don't really understand anything anyways. for example about 10% of the time if you want to play mixed games where you switch games every rotation sometimes that works but lots of floors will not allow it because it's against gaming regs. so there is a chance someone will allow it or whatever, but I'm sure most dealers and floors don't know the game.

I know I've never been able to play when we've tried to start it. And the list people will pretty much do whatever you ask.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was BARGE or something like that. They had 3 HORSE games going but never any TD. TD will never be spread in Foxwoods. I hate that place soooo much.