Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So that's it? The "smoke break", the "I am going to get you threat" , a big winning session, and
the "alleged" weird fold. To me, its not enough to call a guy a cheat and ruin a guy's reputation(HH or no HH as it seems it may not be available due to ABS weak or suspect internal controls). It would be nice to see a much larger database. Why don't you do that Mark?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you; the problem is that there is no larger database.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think there would be somone out there that has alot of his play on tracker. At worst, could ABS release what they have?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:34 AM

I was wondering, does anyone know if Seif was cheated by the cheating accounts? Since he played alot at AP and was down a million or so, seems like he would have run across them from time to time.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering, does anyone know if Seif was cheated by the cheating accounts? Since he played alot at AP and was down a million or so, seems like he would have run across them from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did here that million figure before. Man, he was a bad cheater.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
AP Support Guy says (11:08 PM):
and we made a major alternation to the database architecture
Mark Seif says (11:08 PM):
yes
i heard

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!!!!!
It is kinda impossible to alter database structure without modifying the programs using the database.

Kinda cos it is possible that AP hired some programming gurus who know how to code an interface to which one can say/ask:
"Look into database X for an entity resembling Y"

Without above construct it is not possible to alter database without changing programs using it.

Keep up the silly lies AP!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I correct in saying that Mark Seif is mainly being accused of cheating beacuse of one session?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is actually based on one hand. That no one has a HH for. That happened two years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a bit more to it than that, Josem. Be fair.

He had the motive to get 'revenge' on that particular opponent and (as we all know now) the means and opportunity on AP's compromised system (run by his ol' buddy). It was theorised at the time, long before anyone knew about the likes of account #363, that he knew what the hole cards were in that session.

His bizarre statements and behaviour regarding AP, Dan and the continued whining attempts at legal threats all point to the same thing. The transcript is, to my eyes, laughable.

And don't forget, he boldly proclaimed the hand histories would clear his good name. Well, they haven't, Mr Seif. AP has lost them? Well, gee. You could have found that out in a five-minute phone call over a week ago. Indeed, perhaps you might have checked on that before you offered to release the HHs in the first place...?

I love the way he almost pleads with Nat to put that oh-so-innocent transcript up. Amazing stuff. Can he not post here by himself or something?

Maybe after he's checked that laptop drive for the HH he so desperately wants to show us (is there...? is there...? Oh, dear - of course not.)

Before the outing of Potripper, Seif would not have to give such accusations the time of day. Seeing the hole cards on AP? What conspiratorial nonsense!

Conspiratorial, sure. Grant you that.

EDIT: Follow and read the link in the next post! Still say you never open-folded to that flopped boat, Mr Seif?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I correct in saying that Mark Seif is mainly being accused of cheating beacuse of one session?
I would think if he was truly a cheat then there would be many more cheating sessions. Why just one? It does not make sense to me.
In addition, some of his opponents(somewhere in this forum) claim that he actually lost alot of money at Absolute. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have a PT database showing his stats for a reasonable period of time? It would be helpful if someone independent could post a PT database showing his stats and win/loss record. I would think if there are losses over a reasonable period of time or the wins are relatively small or unextraordinary then one could reasonably assume that he was likely not cheating. Cheating is chronic as the GRAYCAT account and his cohorts can attest and cheaters don't limit their cheating to one session.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very interesting thing with the old forum post - http://www.internettexasholdem.com/phpbb...as-vt34808.html - is that it is completely consistent with the ability to see all hole cards. "Sounds like he flipped a secret switch" is one comment.

This is a very lively description: " I saw something that I never have before in all my on-line poker play: obvious manipulation. Every hand was a complete dissection based on whatever Mike was holding (third pair was capped by Seif if Mike was behind or bluffing, for example.) About 10 or 12 k was basically stolen in 15 minutes (over maybe 100 hands), and here's the kicker: he was so pissed and beyond rational thinking that he actually wanted Mike to know what was going on! For example, Mike had K9 on one hand and flopped a boat. Seif was first to act after the flop, and FOLDED OUT OF TURN just that time."

This is not your average everyday 'poker is rigged' claim. It is very significant that the very same poker site is found to actually have this 'secret switch'.

Another striking similarity is the way it is claimed to be done so arrogantly and openly, as if it was meant to show that the hole cards could be seen.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did Dan Druff get cheated in these games? Anyone else find it ironic that players get cheated for untold millions, have the audacity to make it known and Mark Seif's response to this travesty is to beat his war drums and rattle his sabers with overtures of legal remedies?

On behalf of everyone that's been lied to and cheated by your corporate pimps, I would like to extend to you a long overdue "[censored] you".

Hey Mark, how about an apology from you on behalf of all the people that got lied to and [censored] by Absolute Poker? It seems like the proper response from someone that is supposedly innocent and has been victimized by all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not the proper response from someone "innocent" and "victimized" by this, if it were, ike and everyone who actually lost money should be apologizing. It's in your own words.

In fact, it'd be a very moronic thing for him to do. He should probably distance himself from AP. However, there may be the chance, as implied by Nat and others, that AP may not be rotten to the core and may continue as a decent company from now on. If that is the case (I direct your attention to the word "may"), then I can see how Mark could decide not to distance himself from the company.
However, I repeat, apologizing would be tremendously stupid if what he actually hopes to accomplish is clear his name. It's like pleading "no contest".
Old 10-26-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with you; the problem is that there is no larger database.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately for AP, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission's Regulations Concerning Interactive Gaming require "Authorized Client Providers" to keep a gaming record for "five years after the end of the transaction to which the record relates".

In other words, AP should be keeping HH for five years otherwise they are breaking KGC's rule number 245.

The only wiggle room here is KGC says in rule 246, that rule 245 does not apply if the gaming record has been destroyed under approval of the KGC.

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommissio...ve%20Gaming.pdf
Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AP Support Guy says (11:08 PM):
and we made a major alternation to the database architecture
yes
i heard

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!!!!!
It is kinda impossible to alter database structure without modifying the programs using the database.

Kinda cos it is possible that AP hired some programming gurus who know how to code an interface to which one can say/ask:
"Look into database X for an entity resembling Y"

Without above construct it is not possible to alter database without changing programs using it.

Keep up the silly lies AP!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't pretend you know what you're talking about when you don't. If the program is written with a tiered architecture, you can just switch in a new database access layer and leave the rest of the program as-is. Besides, how do you know they didn't change the programs using it?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:02 AM

Now that's useful, Ps3!