Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Should I call w low PP on flop with all the action?

SB is very loose, and poor postflop play.
No reads on button.

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: HERO is UTG+1 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

I was thinking, given the amt of action and post size on pre-flop, I would call. If I hit a set of 3s, it would be so well camouflaged that the rest would likely pay me off. So issit alright to call and see the flop here?

Flop: (16.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, HERO calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, HERO folds, MP1 calls.

With that many players, I believe my flush draw with the lone 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is very weak, even if I hit it. The only full outs I believe I have is two other 3s. The pot would be offering me 20+:1 for calling the raise by Button. I think this is peeling very thin, given even if I hit my 3 on the turn, there is still chances that the other callers might out draw me with a river [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] card. Should I have called and seen the turn?

Turn: (11.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 folds.

River: (13.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.70 BB
Old 09-23-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Should I call w low PP on flop with all the action?

If it wasn't two back to you pre-flop the call would be fine, but calling two more isn't. You missed the flop and are trapped between the two pre-flop raisors so you can't expect to see the turn for one so fold.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Preflop is fine since you're likely to have good postflop action when you hit your 3, but since you didn't hit your 3 you should fold the flop.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:10 PM

preflop call is pretty bad IMO ... mostly due to your relative position of the the raise.

if laggard was otb, and there was a lot of calling stations in between, i might consider it

flop call might be worse and preflop ... if not - it's close.

also ... you might want to consider giving a reason for limping a small pocket pair in utg (in an online game, it's not exactly automatic)
Old 09-23-2007, 04:11 PM

UTG+1 with any PP smaller than 99 makes me tuck my balls inside me and just wait for that inevitable raise PF. I just know from then on if I dont hit that set they will bring me down to china town baby.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only full outs I believe I have is two other 3s. The pot would be offering me 20+:1 for calling the raise by Button.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to discount the 2 outs a bit. It's like you're implying that people can't flop a flush.

Also, you cannot justify one a decision with odds that you have in essence created by making a bad call. In reality, you were getting X:20, where X is a number far closer to 2 than to 1. Example: Let's say I'm in your position and I have a gutshot but there was no raise before the flop. Now, when SB donks, say you're getting like 5:1, which you know is not correct odds. But wait, if button raises and at least a couple people call the raise, you will be getting at least 11:1!!! This line of thinking is crap, so break yourself of it.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:28 PM

pf is okay imo but i just fold the flop right away.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:37 PM

:g:

pre flop is fine, it sucks to have to call two tho.

just fold flop. You have 2 outs and you cant protect from the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] redraws.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:37 PM

I play pf the same way as you, but would fold the flop.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:09 PM

calling with 33 in UTG+1 even in full ring is a mistake imo. 2 back to you its a fold preflop.