Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: SmartNotes

Yes Roland, that seems to be the case. I just tested it out now. The notes are there even if you choose "none" but if you don't choose one of the colors, you won't know if you actually have notes on the player or not. However, as for me and I'm pretty sure of others, I always choose a color so I can see whether or not I have notes on a player. Hope that helps.

There are many colors to choose from, but I actually only use 2 of them. I use red for tricky/aggressive and green for weak/passives/predictable TAGs. If it's not too much trouble it would be nice if there was a way to use the colors in SmartNotes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks again Roland for all the work you are putting into this.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 PM

Thanks, I'll have to think about how best to go about things.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Yikes. They use just about the weirdest format for their notes I have ever seen.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:10 PM

Roland,

I never did figure out why the script wasn't working for me earlier, but it seems to be doing fine now. I have run into another interesting problem, though: my default note sizes don't seem to do anything. It's set at 200x150 as per the default smartnotes size, and when playing with the actual note popup boxes in the layout pic, it shows them as 200x150, but when I'm on a table, and I open a note box, it pops up at 150x100, and it appends (or creates if i've deleted it) the size.ini file, with the nick and 150x100.

Can you point me in the direction of what I'm doing wrong? All of my settings -I checked the inis - say the default note size should be 200x150, so I'm confused.

Thanks for offering such great utilities!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 AM

Default v1.04

Glad it's working for you now yasher.
The problem with the default size was my fault and has been fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

On a side note, it now won't store the size unless you actually changed it - this allows changes to the default size to take effect for all players where you have never resized the notes.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, here you go. Works for Stars only atm, but the framework is there for adding support for more sites.

Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I downloaded and installed it, running Vista, ran it as administrator, and even put it in a "public" directory which Vista seems to prefer on some ahk's. I imported the hands fine. .... didn't work when I went to tables. I have latest ahk, so that's not the problem.

I have another question which might be my problem. in the instructions on how to setup the ahk, you say, "...tray menu..." what or where is the tray menu? I saw a lot of "supporting" ahk's in the zip file, which I did include in the subdirectory I put the program in. Like I said, it imported th HH just fine, just didn't run when I played in a game. TIA
Old 09-08-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have another question which might be my problem. in the instructions on how to setup the ahk, you say, "...tray menu..." what or where is the tray menu? I saw a lot of "supporting" ahk's in the zip file, which I did include in the subdirectory I put the program in. Like I said, it imported th HH just fine, just didn't run when I played in a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quote from overcards:
[ QUOTE ]
Now, before anything will work, you have to select Preferences from the tray menu and enter the path of the main PokerStars directory (most likely C:\Program Files\PokerStars)

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing that you haven't found the tray menu, I take it you gave that step a miss [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] To open the tray menu, right click on the SmartNotes icon in you system tray.

Also -

[ QUOTE ]
I saw a lot of "supporting" ahk's in the zip file, which I did include in the subdirectory I put the program in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not have to 'include' these manually - just unzip the SmartNotes.zip file to where you want to have it (say C:\Program Files). If you are manually shifting files around, chances are you'll mess up (I always do).
Old 09-08-2007, 02:30 PM

Alright, I guess I spoke too soon. I'm having problems with SmartNotes + more than one table. I have zero problem with the script with one table open, but as soon as I open a second table, the script doesn't do anything on my first table. It seems like it doesn't recognize my clicks on the hotspots; no notes open. The icon in the toolbar stays white, so it's not pausing or anything weird.

Any thoughts on this? I've attempted to troubleshoot with all my other AHK scripts on, off, PT on/off, PA, etc. I'm lost again, Roland! Help! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2007, 04:15 AM

so now is only limited to stars user? Smart notes...
Old 09-09-2007, 05:16 AM

Ipoker support is closing in, I'm gonna look at Prima afterwards, and in the longer term Party.