Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 12-01-2007, 04:49 PM

Default nice lil oldie (bad larrys)

i agree completely about the broadway payoff factor (BPF) with both bad larry's and it's cousin uncle larry (KJ) which is not to be confused with cousin larry from the timeless sitcom "perfect strangers". here is a perfect example from a 5/10 game the other night at the taj:

i am in the BB with bad larry's suited (Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ). there are two limpers and the button raises. i don't like going upstairs to the third floor out of the blinds unless i have AA, KK or bad larry's (QJ), plus he is a loose spongey player who could be raising with as little as J9 (which i have dominated) so i "trizz it". the limpers fold and the button caps! oops. heads-up to the flop.

flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
not the best flop. i have a 3rd degree backdoor flush draw to the third nuts (i would need at least three extra rivers), a backdoor broadway draw and i might be drawing dead. so i bet, the button raises and i call.

turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] )
i look at the button player and he cracks a huge sh*t-eating grin. he must think that i have Ace-Larry (jack) and i think that he has top two pair...and he thinks that i think that he has top two pair...so i bet. he looks at me in horror...knowing what is going on and that even if the floor person came over and we both signed waivers to change the rules and he went all-in i would still call and he would still lose his entire stack even though he is a 94%+ favorite to win this hand since i only have 3 outs because he has the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . he makes a futile raise and i call.

river: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] )
well that is good news, if he already had a flush i now only need two extra river cards to make my flush and i have picked up a straight-flush draw as well (assuming i could convince the dealer to deal the ocean [6th card] and the abyss [7th card]...he looks kind of hungry so maybe if i get him a grilled cheese from the poker snack bar he will oblige).

anyway, i bet. the button raises. i 3-bet. the button 4-bets (takes it to the "attic"). i 5-bet (the "roof"). he 6-bets (the "sky") and i 7-bet ("heaven"). the button flips over his K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] asking me why i am not afraid of the flush. i table bad larry's and tell him "because i have THE NUTS!!"

the button goes on tilt so badly that the entire room becomes shifted at a 20 degree angle and a few of the drink girls fall over since it is very hard to walk in heels across a sloped surface. he then throws his hand so far across the room that it ends up 12 tables over in an omaha hi-low game. oddly enough it lands right between a queen and a larry and an 80 year old man flops a straight draw and two pair (larry's up) which becomes both broadway and a full-house giving him a huge helping of NUTS. the tilting goes on like a huge domino effect until donald trump himself comes to the poker room and personally "fires" all of the queens and larrys from of all of the decks.

anyway, i won the hand but i am kind of upset becasue i missed a bunch of bets on the turn and the river.

comments appreciated....
-tpir

p.s. if you were at the taj this weekend and you didn't see any of this happen, it's ok. your psyche has purged the memory, but when you start having bad larry's nightmares, don't hesitate to come to 2+2 for instructions on how to get the medicine you need.
p.p.s. upstairs.
p.p.p.s. nuts.

-tpir90036
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...te_id/1#import
Old 12-01-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: nice lil oldie (bad larrys)

[ QUOTE ]

it ends up 12 tables over in an omaha hi-low game. oddly enough it lands right between a queen and a larry and an 80 year old man flops a straight draw and two pair (larry's up) which becomes both broadway and a full-house giving him a huge helping of NUTS. the tilting goes on like a huge domino effect

[/ QUOTE ]

my fav part, reminds me of the barfarama from stand by me/the body
Old 12-01-2007, 05:16 PM

yah this is like my second or third favorite post evar
Old 12-01-2007, 05:17 PM

This is a classic. One of my all-time favorite posts.

I use the "ocean" and "abyss" lines all the time.

Long live Bad Larrys!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:20 PM

My favorite line:

the button flips over his K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] asking me why i am not afraid of the flush. i table bad larry's and tell him "because i have THE NUTS!!"
Old 12-01-2007, 05:22 PM

this is awesome
Old 12-01-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yah this is like my second or third favorite post evar

[/ QUOTE ]

for reals, yo.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:48 PM

This should be a GREATEST POSTS OF ALL TIME tribute thread. People can pick their top 5 and debate on them and subsequently hate each other for their terrible and wrong decisions.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:16 PM

inthacup's Vegas trip report imo
Old 12-01-2007, 06:21 PM

u had me at "3rd degree backdoor flush draw to the third nuts"