Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-27-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Sick right now ... Can someone tell me what\'s wrong with me?

well, im not doctor (but am a bio major), sounds like you probably ate something that caused this, probably bacterial (maybe staph aureus?)... as long as you dont have bloody diarrhea you are probably ok (keep drinking LOTS of fluids, definitely water and gatorade/ something with sugar, and get some rest). If it persists for another day tho, definitely go see a doctor (who will probably tell you something similar to what I did).

Sidenote: Did you eat a buffet recently?

Edit: If you didnt start diarrhea/puking til the morning, its probably not Staph... probably still something like E.coli or Salmonella, maybe something viral.. either way you are probably ok, but still see a doctor if it persists)
Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I move around or drink anything, it goes straight out within minutes. Do I have food poisoning or some type of virus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a nasty case of pink eye.

(I forget who I'm stealing from.)
Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
probably bacterial infection. Eat some yogurt, if you start [censored] blood go to a doctor. If the blood is bright red go within a day or two. If it is dark go ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be a lot more worried about bright red blood than about darker looking blood, but I'd certainly get checked out for either one ASAP!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bright red means it came from an area near your pooper. Dark red means it came from further up (I think it means the blood got partially digested on the way out...ew). That's the sort of situation where you can actually die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. Bright red blood can also mean a very rapid GI bleed from anywhere in the GI tract. That's what's really going to kill you. So, I'd be far, far more worried about seeing bright red blood than seeing blackish looking stools.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:12 PM

Thats contrary to everything I've read and personal experience. We're talking about blood in the stool on a moderate level - not gushing red blood, which is so rare and OP will obviously know what the deal is. Small amounts of bright red blood means your intestines are [censored] up probably because of an infection and/or depopulated enzymes. Dark blood COULD mean you have a ruptured ulcer or something equally awful in your stomach lining which could kill you.

Blackish looking stools isn't dark blood either, dark blood will be globs of blackish red stuff. Haha, reminds me of the stuff I coughed up out of my sinuses a week after breaking my face.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM

I'm talking about blood in the toilet, not necessarily mixed with stool, or blood in vomit. A little bit of red blood in a stool is different issue. And black stools are black because they contain blood from the upper GI tract (unless it's from something you ingested, like bismuth). I've taken care of enough GI bleeders to know what I'm talking about.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats contrary to everything I've read and personal experience. We're talking about blood in the stool on a moderate level - not gushing red blood, which is so rare and OP will obviously know what the deal is. Small amounts of bright red blood means your intestines are [censored] up probably because of an infection and/or depopulated enzymes. Dark blood COULD mean you have a ruptured ulcer or something equally awful in your stomach lining which could kill you.

Blackish looking stools isn't dark blood either, dark blood will be globs of blackish red stuff. Haha, reminds me of the stuff I coughed up out of my sinuses a week after breaking my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is repugnant. Post less plz k thx.