Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Standard? Calling down with QQ $25NL

CO seems solid preflop, I trust him. I dont have any post flop reads though.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $20.60
UTG+1: $37.15
MP1: $4.50
MP2: $15.85
MP3: $4.90
CO: $22.45
Button: $4.20
Hero: $28.95
BB: $12.75

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.25, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $4</font>, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($18.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Results:
Final pot: $18.25
Old 10-28-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Standard? Calling down with QQ $25NL

I think this is fine. Although, What was your plan if he bet again on the River?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:45 AM

To be honest I was pretty sure he wasn't betting that river again but if he bet anything close $10 or more I would have folded.

As I see it there are pretty much no hands he's betting that river with anyway.

He was playing well from what I saw but I don't think he'd make some next level super advanced play like making a big bet with AK on that river to get me off a pocket pair.

He'd have to know me VERY well and be extremely brave/good for anything like that. I was only at the table for an hour or so.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:47 AM

I reraise pre-flop. UTG's min raise might have caused villain to think UTG was weak. Villain's 3bet range here is probably a lot wider than QQ+, AK. If not pre-flop I'm certainly reraising the flop.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I reraise pre-flop. UTG's min raise might have caused villain to think UTG was weak. Villain's 3bet range here is probably a lot wider than QQ+, AK. If not pre-flop I'm certainly reraising the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're looking to get all in with this hand on the flop?
Old 10-28-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm raising preflop and if the board has no ace, king, or three flush, I'm planning on playing for stacks.

On this hand, I'd have gotten it all in by the turn.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:35 AM

You're OOP. You should be 3-betting here close to 100% of the time. If the UTG min-raiser comes over the top you are almost always beat and it's a pretty easy fold. If the UTG player doesn't move in pre-flop I'm looking to get it all in on this flop. Very rarely are either of them going to show up with KK.

The only difficulty is if the CO moves in pre-flop. I think I'd mostly give it up if put in that last bet and accept that he's going to have AK there once in a while.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:14 PM

If you don't reraise preflop i think it's mandatory to at least raise the flop.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:29 PM

I was a lot closer to folding preflop than re-raising.

In my experience people don't re-raise light in $25 NL, even over the top of a min raise. Not the tighter players anyway, and there are some real rocks preflop.

FWIW UTG was on the tight side (though definitely a bad player) and CO seemed to be playing very disciplined and not making a lot of moves. Everytime I'd seen him raise and showdown he had a premium hand.

I had a really bad feeling abuout this hand preflop and I was glad to show it down for only $6 post flop. Raising this hand wasn't an option I was strongly considering at any point against this particular player.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a lot closer to folding preflop than re-raising.

In my experience people don't re-raise light in $25 NL, even over the top of a min raise. Not the tighter players anyway, and there are some real rocks preflop.

FWIW UTG was on the tight side (though definitely a bad player) and CO seemed to be playing very disciplined and not making a lot of moves. Everytime I'd seen him raise and showdown he had a premium hand.

I had a really bad feeling abuout this hand preflop and I was glad to show it down for only $6 post flop. Raising this hand wasn't an option I was strongly considering at any point against this particular player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that you are out of position and someone has repopped a min raise preflop, but in this spot, if you seriously look down at those queens and ask yourself, "Should I wait for a better spot?", imo, you have crossed the line from tight player to nit.

They are friggin queens, man.