Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: moving to vegas

From what I have read, there is even more 5/10 nl in LA than vegas and LA has tons of limit action as well. Additionally, depending on the type of main job the person is interested in, LA probably offers a broader range of opportunity.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I have read, there is even more 5/10 nl in LA than vegas and LA has tons of limit action as well. Additionally, depending on the type of main job the person is interested in, LA probably offers a broader range of opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, It's so dry you have to drink 15 bottled waters a day just to keep somewhat hydrated. If you have any type of seasonal allergies then you might want to get shots before living in the valley. I have played and lived all over the planet and this place (Las vegas) has the worst allergies of anywhere and especially when the wind kicks up. The games are the worst as far as profitability as well compared to just about anywhere in the US. Only good thing about this town is property is cheap, but good luck trying to sell it for a while.

Good luck
Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The games are the worst as far as profitability as well compared to just about anywhere in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

REALLY? That seems insane to me. Isn't Vegas the most likely place where a tourist would come to drop money at a poker table?

Is L.A. actually an easier game?!?

If so, what the hell am I doing out here in the desert?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The games are the worst as far as profitability as well compared to just about anywhere in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

REALLY? That seems insane to me. Isn't Vegas the most likely place where a tourist would come to drop money at a poker table?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to take the 4 hour drive After the smoke clears in La. Another option is 5 hours to Oceanside where Ocean's 11 poker room can be found. The beach and activities are a nice break in between sessions.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 AM

OP needs a job to pay his living expenses so he doesn't have to try to live out of his bankroll. That's a probable path to unhappiness. Dynasty's (I think it's Dynasty, though I may be remembering wrong) sortof annual update pseudo-journal entries on 2+2 somewhere should be required reading.

I disagree with Vegas allergens being worse than other places. Not even close. But they are different than what you get in wet climates. So for some people, moving to Vegas is a great relief with the combination of fewer allergens, a different mix of them, and dry air. For other people who happen to be hit by the particular set of stuff in the air, Vegas ain't so hot. If you have a problem with chenopods you may not know it until you spend a week in the desert.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:03 AM

I think those chenopods were in a Star Trek episode.

OP, I did it, and love it. But, find a job, which will take you longer than you think. Landing your first job in Vegas is harder than you'd think it would be. Part-time play is way better than grinding your living.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP needs a job to pay his living expenses so he doesn't have to try to live out of his bankroll. That's a probable path to unhappiness. Dynasty's (I think it's Dynasty, though I may be remembering wrong) sortof annual update pseudo-journal entries on 2+2 somewhere should be required reading.

I disagree with Vegas allergens being worse than other places. Not even close. But they are different than what you get in wet climates. So for some people, moving to Vegas is a great relief with the combination of fewer allergens, a different mix of them, and dry air. For other people who happen to be hit by the particular set of stuff in the air, Vegas ain't so hot. If you have a problem with chenopods you may not know it until you spend a week in the desert.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was Dynasty and its a great thread. Search for and read it OP.

-106,168 and counting
Old 10-26-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegas traditionally has tighter poker games and lower rake then Cal. there are tourists for sure, but most of them play the smallest game available.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 PM

I've only been to Vegas once, but from what I saw there, Atlantic City games are just as good, if not better in some regards. One of the reasons I haven't gone back.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you,

I have been curious as to what was causing my throat glands to swell as well as sinuses in Las Vegas. I don't think clariton works that well against those chenopods.