Old 06-21-2006, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

wdc, why only 3 sees?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mod Announcement

Vox has asked for a replacement as he's having technology difficulties. I'm currently on the hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought SynSid was his replacement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, should have been more clear. Synsid is the guy in line. Should he respond with interest he will replace vox.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wdc, why only 3 sees?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that one of them chose to be an Angel one night rather than a seer?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wdc, why only 3 sees?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that one of them chose to be an Angel one night rather than a seer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I'm wondering why? Seems a poor percentage play on the 2nd night.

Also, I don't think that there would be a disadvantage to giving nick's evil type, although I don't really see an advantage either.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:57 PM

Ok charade is over. I am not the seer. It should be plenty obvious that I am also not evil. I was trying to bait the assasin into killing me so the real sorcerors could come out. Ideally that would have happened shortly after my fake seering. I never intended to let it continue.

If I was a wolf I would keep up the charade and get a villager lynched, or get the real seers to come out, that was never my intention. I thought Traz was the single most likely villager and Nicholas was the single most likely evil guy. Didn't work so well.

There are several possibilities as to why it didn't work:

1. I was wrong. Traz is evil or Nich is good. This is the most likely explanation. The problem is I remain certain of both of them in my own mind.

2. The assassin chose to wait me out to see if I was the real seer. If so then you win.

3. I was right and I didn't give the assassin long enough to see the thread.

I don't want to have the real seers come out though and I do think we gained some information here.

For those who don't realize it, the village side is in huge trouble here and with the assassin alive we are pretty much screwed. I felt this was a risk I had to take. I know I will gather some votes fairly quickly, but this whole scheme makes no sense whatsoever for me if I am evil.

Evil guys will not be fake seering here because they have nearly won the game. It would be awful to start giving your side away in the pursuit of a fancy play.

More to come on why Zurvan and Nich remain evil.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:02 PM

Going on the assumption that you are good, there is another explanation, and that is that you are actually errand, and the baddies know that.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:03 PM

Its also possible the assassin hasn't even logged in yet or was just waiting before killing you
Old 06-21-2006, 05:06 PM

Character note: The brave knight Mandorallen is known for his infallable bravery, peerless skill with lance and sword, and unwavering chivalry and sense of honor. He has never been spoken of as a competent strategist or tactician.

My vote for chuckles yesterday was based on the vibe I got from him primarily the day before. When I got home last night and read the thread, it was painfully obvious that he was a villager well before nightfall. If I had been here, I would have changed my vote. I think we really need to look into those who attached themselves to my vote. Sure it counts double, but when there's a clear error in who I'm voting for or another candidate who is far more obvious DON'T FOLLOW ME.

The following players discussed following my lead:
Iron_Yuppie
dankhand
amplify
eskimo

amplify qualified his statements with "as long as it's reasonable", but the rest seemed to put there thoughts is more absolute terms. Suggesting that the village follow my vote when they know I'm on a villager is most certainly a valid strategy, let's look at our candidates for suspicious activity.

One interesting note is eskimo's behavior towards me. He buddied up early, suggested that we have to follow my vote on day 2, and today he initially asked the mods if he could proxy his vote and follow whomever I chose. That's all pretty consistent so far, if a bit dim in trusting my judgement so completely. However, once the mods got back to him, he decided that his proxied vote would be aligned with Iron_Yuppie. WTF?! He was so thorough that morning and the day before making it known he was following me and then without explanation follows IY. I don't have more evidence for anyone else than that. ES = Grolim.

On to IY. Either he's an Angarak (~Grolim) and ES trusts his brother with his vote or he's a misguided villager and ES trusts that his proxied vote would go towards a misguided cause. So ES just outed his brother or suddenly decided that IY is a more trustworthy vote proxy than me. IY was on my suspect list early on but has made a couple posts that have made my doubt that. I'm on the IY is bad side of the fence though because I think it's more likely that ES and IY are working together, but not by too much.

I read through dank's posts and except for the post where he changes his mind to for vote me because I posted a vote count, he doesn't seem particularly wolfy. He seems to have started the KUJ bandwagon that never rolled on the first day, and suspected people other than chuckles (jonsan & pudley) on day 2 rather than hopping directly aboard thechuckles bandwagon - though he ultimate did join the group. That sounds more villagery to me.

dankhank made a good point in one of his posts yesterday: amplify hasn't really said anything at all so far. There's been lots of agreeing with other posters and lots of one-liners, but nothing of content to speak of - unless you count the "research" he did by counting all of the people that kyro fingered on day one. Does he always play this way? I don't feel like he does, so I'm putting him in the Grolim grouping for now.

Ugh, this is getting way long. I'll post my thoughts on the wdc/nich/traz fiasco in a moment - provided I haven't spent so long writing this that it's no longer relevant.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:06 PM

Yes, I don't see a need or an advantage to the assassin acting until near the end of the day.

Also, Mandor would make a much better target at this point, with his double vote power. The fact that Mandor is not dead casts aspersions on pistolero's claim.

I will not be voting wdc, without seer info.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:08 PM

Why would the assassin kill mandor, when he can wait for a seer to come out?