Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

[ QUOTE ]

Also, JRB - this guy is terrible. He is really awful at the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats one of the things I don't like about survivor, its as much about being nice to people as it is surviving. I would rather they get down to the final 2 people and make them do a challenge to determine the winner. As its going right now, you figure Denise has a great chance of winning and you never even see her speak during any of the episodes.

If the votes split during an elimination round, what happens?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the votes split during an elimination round, what happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

back in one of the first few seasons i think they keep revoting. things could very well have changed but they remove those getting votes against them and keep voting til something changes. 14% chance i am making this up, i really have no idea what im talking about.

more speculation but nothing too juicy:

in other news, they way they talked last night, it seems like frosti isnt really in. so i can see him getting axed soon once he doesnt have individual immunity (not that he woulda gotten it last night) but say PG/Erik is next, Frosti could be the one after. and at this point if courtney feels betrayed (because they cuddle) she has no way to do anything about it.

my favorite comment from last night was from amanda when she said something along the lines of "i cant believe we let courtney stick around she's such a loose cannon" because besides her challenge ineptitude, she clearly is a little messed in the head and i would think vengeful...so if the numbers ever align she could jump ship and screw some orginal fei long members that are in the CORE (as in what if they (courtney/frosti/james/and yes JRB) all team up against todd/amanda/maybe even denise...although james turning on denise would be interesting so maybe she gets word of this)...if i were playing the game, thats what i would try to orchestrate if i were any of the c/f/j/jtrb combo i mentioned. from a strategy standpoint, if i were todd, i would see if frosti was okay with ousting courntey and visa versa (not explicitly asking) and try to do that because i dont trust her at all and frosti is a physical threat and you dont have to worry about erik/pg being two strong (and while pg will be trying to scheme u just get the feeling its futile). granted there are tons of things that could happen but i dont think anybody reallllly likes courtney enough to object and frosti isnt an original...you risk people thinking they are next but not if u sell it as he/she could have swung i think it works. then u pick off more yellow and get james when u can and todd/amanda are money.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:32 PM

in regards to a voting tie: I believe they do 1 re-vote and if there's still a tie, they do a challenge with whoever wins the challenge stays.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 PM

I'm not sure if they do a revote or not, but I know they have settled it before with another challenge. There was one time where the two people had to see who could make a fire with flint and make their fire high enough to burn a string. Neither one of them could even make a fire, and after a couple hours they had to give them matches (and one still couldn't do it)
Old 11-02-2007, 07:19 PM

Even asking Courtney about ousting Frosty while JRB is still in will just widen the gap and endanger the alliance further.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:34 PM

I don't understand why Todd is letting James keep both idols. I thought the original intention was to let him have the first one found and then James would go back to his camp and make sure that there was in fact an idol for him. At that point he would return the idol back to Todd so that each would have one...if I was Todd that would certainly be implied by giving him the scoop on the idol.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Spoiler ahead for people who don't watch the "Next week on Survivor" last 10 seconds of the show:

<font color="white"> That is why the previews for next week show Todd scheming about blindsiding James and voting him off so that both immunity idols are taken out of play. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">I think that is a bad play and one week too early. He has a very strong 3 person alliance with Amanda and Denise. By trying to vote off James, he risks Courtney breaking off with them and trying to make a play w/ PG, Eric and James and telling them "We all vote for Tom and James brings his idol" making JRB and Frosty swing votes. For Tom's play to work, no one can tell James that they are voting for him. Even JRB is likely to try and break things up if he views himself as weak at that point. By voting off PG first, they strengthen their alliance with Courtney who is less likely to buddy up with JRB than PG. Then the following week they pick one more person, Frosty or Courtney to surprise vote off James. James doesn't seem very smart so I think this would work well. Since he has two idols, hopefully they will be smart enough to have a plan B incase he invokes one and aren't left guessing who everyone else is voting for. And even if James smartens up and realizes that he should protect himself, they still have enough players to just vote someone else off. So surprise voting James this week is really unnecessary. Once they get down to eight players they are practically untouchable as long as both Courtney and JRB stay in the game. The ideal vote off in my opinion is PG, James, Eric, JRB, Frosty/Courtney and there is your top 3.

BTW, I think a top 3 final is retarded and it should really be top 2 instead. 3 is too many and seems silly.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I lilke the top three final, because it makes it harder to bring a weak player into the final with you. The first 3 way final had Yul vs. Ozzy (and another girl). I thought both of them were deserving of a spot in the final, and I was gald that the jury was able to choose between the two of them. If they had taken it to two, Ozzy probably would have won the last challange and voted out Yul. This would have led to a landslide in the final. Players who have good strategy, but are not dominant in challanges have a hard time making it to the final 2, but they have a good shot at the final 3.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:20 AM

Something that made no sense to me:

Jamie was certain she had the real immunity idol, right? She must have anticipated using it at the tribal council no matter what, given the fact that she was likely to be sent home. If she used the "real" idol and she was the one with the most votes, then JRB would be the player sent home since she knew he'd have the second most number of votes since she, Eric, and PG were obv going to vote for him. Therefore, why was she begging Todd NOT to vote for her? It seems she would almost be trying to piss the others off to induce votes against herself to keep PG and Eric around as her allies and to send JRB home.

SS
Old 11-03-2007, 06:05 AM

It seemed to me that she was on the fence about whether it was a legit idol or not and went with what she did cause she had no other choice when it became apparent it was between her and JRB.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:33 PM

Re: Jaime saying she misplaced her trust in James... First, they try to screw him and Aaron by throwing challenges. After deciding that's a bad idea, they luck into the other tribe being unable to successfully throw their own challenge. Then, they act like they are alligned with James when really HE has all the power and they have nothing to offer him...and act like he owes them something. Goes something like, "James, here is a pile of crap...I can't believe he didn't take us up on the pile of crap...that scumbag." Bunch of donkeys.

I like the three man finale for the same reason already mentioned. There are more likely to be 2 viable options and one dud, instead of just an option and a dud.

Survivor is a people game...not just about winning challenges. Earning votes is part of it. Getting to the end against someone you can beat is part of it. Knowing your jury members is important. Some may be angry and will cast their vote out of spite. Some, especially those who pride themselves on being players, will vote for who they think played the best, irrespective of hurt feelings or broken loyalties. Some value strategy, some loyalty, some physical dominance, or combinations, but everyone has their slant. You have to know your jury and how to get their votes. It's part of the game...an interesting part of the game.

JRB needed to consider how his strategy of initially loafing, followed by increased activity, would be viewed by his fellow tribemates. Made it look like he only started helping out more to save his butt and did not win him any respect at all.

How about JRB threatening Todd while using a machete? "*chop* If I get screwed over, *chop* I'm holding you personally responsible. *chop*" Gesturing with it and such. {laugh}