Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 12-01-2007, 01:37 PM

Default How about a sticky for Mason\'s reviews?

Can someone please direct me to Mason's recent book reviews. I know Mason has a few in this month's magazine but is there another post where he reviews some of other recent books? I've tried the search function but couldn't get any results.

Here is an idea: Why don't we put a sticky post for Mason's reviews - and Mason can just update that post from time to time as he reads more books?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: How about a sticky for Mason\'s reviews?

Or perhaps they, meaning Mason or one of the other 2plus2 higher-ups, can create this sticky which would contain links to Mason's reviews in other threads.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:08 PM

People have asked for this before but Mason has always said he didn't want to do this.

RZ
Old 12-01-2007, 02:11 PM

It is not about what Mason wants, but what the people want. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People have asked for this before but Mason has always said he didn't want to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much a true statement. Check out this link for more information regarding this topic.

Recently, I've made some comments in a few other random threads about the possibility of a sticky. It's something I'm looking deeper in to. Probably won't have anything new on this for a least a couple weeks.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:24 PM

I can see how a sticky would take away one of the positions on the front page, but I think a sticky containing links to Mason's reviews is still a good idea. And not because I came up with it.

If it was done that way as opposed to making a sticky for Mason's actual reviews, we can stay on topic more and discuss the book as opposed to Mason's review of the book.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:43 PM

To a point, I agree with you. However, Mason is strongly opposed to this. Therefore, it's most likely not going to happen.

I don't wish to speak for Mason, but I will say this...
I believe he understands that having his book reviews readily available could benefit many members and readers of 2+2. However, there are headaches that may come as a result of doing this. These are headaches that you and I won't have to deal with and will probably never hear about. But Mason will have to deal with them and he does not wish to facilitate the means to make these suspicions a reality.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a sticky containing links to Mason's reviews is still a good idea. And not because I came up with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to worry about that. It has been brought up before.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To a point, I agree with you. However, Mason is strongly opposed to this. Therefore, it's most likely not going to happen.

I don't wish to speak for Mason, but I will say this...
I believe he understands that having his book reviews readily available could benefit many members and readers of 2+2. However, there are headaches that may come as a result of doing this. These are headaches that you and I won't have to deal with and will probably never hear about. But Mason will have to deal with them and he does not wish to facilitate the means to make these suspicions a reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that Mason does not, and understandably so, want to give ammunition to those that think he has a grudge against that person or this person. As was said, he also does not want an author, who does not get reviewed, to feel slighted.

It would be one thing if he was just an operator of a site, but to be that and a publishing company makes for an awkward situation.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:54 PM

It sounds like Mason is afraid of getting criticized for his reviews. I don't know why he would publish something that he doesn't want to defend.