Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Home game disagreement 4th grade mathematician needed

I was playing a $100 sit n' go series with 3 buddies. $100 buyin 3 games with a point system by place 4,3,2,1. Winner of each game recives $10 from each player from their $100 buyin. Winner at end gets whatever hasn't been put up for bounty.

Player 1 wins game 1
Player 2 wins game 2
Player 3 wins game 3
Player 4 wins the series in a tiebreaker game with players 2 and 3. How much should player 4 recieve?

a. $270 or b. $210 ?

Got into a bit of an argument over this can someone please quickly solve this. It looks as though it could've gone either way and it should have just been a $100+30 game to simplify it. Player 4 lost all 3 $10 bounties but won the $100 game so shouldn't he be winning $90 from each player since he paid $10 in bounties to each? But on the other hand the other 3 players broke even from the bounties with each other, so they should only pay $70 each since $30 seems to be put aside for bounties? Or are we all just retarded and it's not either of those payouts? Theres a couple bets riding on this to save face I won't say which one i'm on [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

*Not really bounties but that's what they were called all night.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Home game disagreement 4th grade mathematician needed

Forget this post, after thinking about it's simply logistics. It wasn't specified as $70+30 as a side bounty which would make $210 the right answer. It was specified as $100 winner of each game gets $10 from each so $270 is prolly right answer but just gonna call it break even or each player owes winner $10 more.

/endthread
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM

Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing a $100 sit n' go series with 3 buddies. $100 buyin 3 games with a point system by place 4,3,2,1. Winner of each game recives $10 from each player from their $100 buyin. Winner at end gets whatever hasn't been put up for bounty.

Player 1 wins game 1
Player 2 wins game 2
Player 3 wins game 3
Player 4 wins the series in a tiebreaker game with players 2 and 3. How much should player 4 recieve?

a. $270 or b. $210 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

As stated above, this was a series of $30 + $70 SnGs. Therefore, with no split in the playoff match, Player 4 gets $210.

You confused yourself, as you already stated, by thinking too much.

Personally, I think it was too heavily weighted towards the points winner, especially given a playoff match, but it's your group
Old 11-14-2007, 02:25 PM

Wait -- are they $30 + $70s or $40s + $60s? Does the winner of each game get $10 from each player, including himself (from his $100 entry)?

If so, then players 1, 2, and 3 should each go home with $40 and player 4 should get the remaining $280.

Or am I missing something?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:33 PM

I agree with sapsuckah!

(I hope "bounty" was the wrong word, or it gets even more confusing. Isn't a bounty usually when you put a price on a player or each player and if you take them out, you win a certain amount? Didn't No. 4 just lose his $10 "buy-in" not his "bounty"?)
Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Player 1 wins game 1
Player 2 wins game 2
Player 3 wins game 3

a. $270 or b. $210 ?

Got into a bit of an argument over this can someone please quickly solve this. It looks as though it could've gone either way and it should have just been a $100+30 game to simplify it. Player 4 lost all 3 $10 bounties but won the $100 game so shouldn't he be winning $90 from each player since he paid $10 in bounties to each? But on the other hand the other 3 players broke even from the bounties with each other, so they should only pay $70 each since $30 seems to be put aside for bounties? Or are we all just retarded and it's not either of those payouts? Theres a couple bets riding on this to save face I won't say which one i'm on [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

*Not really bounties but that's what they were called all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want somebody to solve this quickly? I read this three times, and I still have no clue what you're asking.

God, I hope English isn't your first language.

Where have the standards gone? What an insult to the folks who paid taxes on their hard-earned dollars so that you could have a public education.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You want somebody to solve this quickly? I read this three times, and I still have no clue what you're asking.

God, I hope English isn't your first language.

Where have the standards gone? What an insult to the folks who paid taxes on their hard-earned dollars so that you could have a public education.

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally don't get involved when people post in this manner, but this is completely uncalled for. Help solve the problem or don't respond at all.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:34 AM

Prize pool = $400 ($100 x 4 players)

At end of Game 1, Player 1 receives $40 ($10 x 4 players)

At end of Game 2, Player 2 receives $40 ($10 x 4 players)

At end of Game 3, Player 3 receives $40 ($10 x 4 players)

Total "bounty" payout: $40 x 3 = $120

Payout to points winner: $400 - $120 = $280.

QED

However, if the winner of each game receives only $30 in "bounties" instead of $40 (receives $10 from "each losing player" rather than from "each player"), then the final points winner receives an additional $30 for $310 total.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:49 AM

A tad harsh, perhaps, but the OP was unclear.

And I screwed up- sapsucker was the first to being correct, I believe...

LetsGetItOn- please clarify what the heck you DID do?

Thanks
The Confused Group