Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Bluescouse busto!

Since February the guy did £130 to £150,000. Yesterday he lost £83,000 ($165,000) playing heads-up £100/£200 NL and now he's nearly busto:

http://88percent.blogspot.com/

Well, he has £5k left in his account and I think withdrew £50k, but I don't figure that'll last long.

The guy is insane! Playing those stakes with a roll of four or five buy-ins. But he won the money that way, and loses it that way - if you read the archives, all last year he was on the same crazy rollercoaster. Degenerate props to him, but it's kind of sad, too. Withdraw it and spend some ferchrissakes!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Bluescouse busto!

wow, some of the hands on that blog make me sick...big fan of the call preflop raise - then 4bet pf with 85o. standard?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:48 AM

Some people speculated he deliberately only posted the hands he misplayed / got lucky, and kept quiet about the skilful ones, to mislead his opponents by building up an incompetent image. Yesterday's trip to bustoville may sadly suggest this was giving him too much credit.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 AM

I really admire his honesty though. As insane as his bankroll management is, he has a high amount of respect for him opponents and is the first person to admit when he's been outclassed.

Time and time again he does what few poker players do - speak honestly about their talent and their play.

I hope he makes yet another comeback. By far the most exciting blog around.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:59 AM

I think he is more likely to become homeless than he is to have a winning month. I am a sick degenerate compulsive poker player myself and have lost every penny I've put in; I see myself in Bluescouse, only on a grander scale since he wins more than I do. When you have this sickness it warps your brain; where once you're happy playing for £2,000, soon you have to play for £8,000 or £20,000 or £80,000 to get the same buzz. I used to be happy on the $50 buy-in games; now I play the $400 buy-in with no bankroll, just blowing through my salary. Like Bluescouse, I'll never be a long-term winner. I can't believe he didn't withdraw more of the money he had left in his account, but I understand also how he couldn't. It's all gambling money to him. And he doesn't seem to care that those he's playing are infinitely better players than him, and so much better rolled.

Having said that, I really do think he should give Full Tilt a try.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:45 AM

He is on Full Tilt, saw him playing there about 3 weeks ago, I believe he was playing 200/400 omaha [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Gotta respect the guy!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:31 PM

LOL no you dont have to respect the guy, many people on this site play, and beat, these limits.

He is a nobody.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 PM

I feel really bad for the guy as he seems good as well as modest but is just a total degen. Also, isn't he a teenager?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 PM

I'm absolutely certain he has never played Full Tilt PLO.

Though he has mentioned PLO I don't think he's ever played it, and for sure he has no money on Full Tilt - it is/was all on Crypto. He is only a hold'em player.

I think he's about 20 years old, lives with his parents in Wales.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:48 PM

Wow, he's back, I read this blog for a while then he "retired" and was gone for ages. I missed all the new stuff. My favorite part is getting all in preflop with 85o and adding sincerely that he is "unlikely to be ahead" hahaha, genius.