Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 04:36 AM

Default JJ against LAG on AKx

HUD wasn't showing up but I'd been playing with villain for awhile and he seemed lag both pre and postflop. A couple of notes:
Defended JTo against an UTG raise and check/raised an ATx flop
PR 55 in MP, bet/3 bet mid/low PP in position against me, bet the turn and checked behind the river

Thoughts on the flop call and general plan also welcome.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero???
Old 11-21-2006, 08:24 AM

Default Re: JJ against LAG on AKx

Flop call is meh.

I'm checking the turn fo sho.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:03 AM

On one hand, I don't wanna give a card to a fd or gutshot. On the other, his range probably consists of a weak Ace or King, or a smaller PP. Either way, you aren't getting any value in a turn bet. Also, by checking, you can take a draw to your 4-6 outs, and maybe induce a river bet from a worse hand. I check turn, and check/probably call any river.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:00 PM

do we really even want to call this flop though?
Old 11-21-2006, 01:47 PM

Check behind because if you are calling on flop, you are hoping that you are already ahead and if you ARE ahead, he has like 7 outs at most to beat you but if you are behind he is just going to call or raise you here. Plus if he is behind and you check he will bluff at river. Flop call is questionable, he played it like he has a K (test you on flop, get scared on turn) but who knows with this kind of LAGgy player. I don't know what I would have done on flop, probably peeled it and see what he does on next card.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:01 PM

omg dont bet that turn. the flop call is marginal but ok if he's dumb as well as aggro. it is a very dumb bluff though.