Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: WHY I HATE HOME GAME POKER.

[ QUOTE ]
Playing on a dinner table at my friends house tonight i lost 22 dollars to total idiots!!! and i dont think ive ever been this pissed ever!!! Im not sure why im so pissed, i think it's cuz they think they are good. The worst is when you get crushed and the people think they are playing good.... i want to puke. if i get min raised/string raised/raised less then the min raise one more time i think im going to jump into on coming traffic. i hate you all!!!

and here is to hoping i dont wake up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can relate as well. I often play a small buy-in 1 table freeze-out tourneys with friends. Last week, close to the bubble, I was able to enjoy getting the money in on the turn with KK against an unimproved AK, but then lost to the 3-outer on the river.

Then, after absorbing the beat, I had the good fortune of receiving a lecture from my buddy: "you're always thinking about the math, but the math doesn't matter - all that matters is what cards are going to come out in that hand, that river, and that is unpredictable. so all your thinking about percentages and these mythological pot odds / implied odds ideas are irrelevant."

Definitely put me on tilt more than losing 5x as much online.