Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 10-09-2007, 11:30 PM

Default oops. 5cd tournament misclick. now what?

the bets are up to 600 / 1200 in the $4 Pokerstars Draw tournament. I have 1600, everybody covers.
I am UTG , the table pops up and I accidentally call 600 with JT762 (J72 spades) . Button limps (I've seen stuff from 88 to QQQ for his openlimps), SB calls, BB checks. Both blinds draw 3. I have not seen a pat bluff at this table. Should I try it or just draw 5? If I do pat and both blinds check, do I always make the bluff all-in or would it depend on how many cards button draws? If I draw 5 I think I need to call (or bet allin?) with KK+, maybe QQ. Comments?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: oops. 5cd tournament misclick. now what?

Limp / pat will probably look too fishy to not call with such a relatively small bet into the pot (though I don't know how short everyone else is).

I'd draw 4 to the jack (pair of jacks might be good given the action), but you're in bad shape against an overpair. I'd probably just check/fold if I don't hit big on the draw. 1000 chips isn't very much, but this is a really bad spot, and you are better off being all in on the big blind.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 AM

Congratulations, your missclick managed to turn a bad situation much much worse.

I don't think a pat bluff is very likely to work in that situation. I don't see you limp/raising a legitimate pat hand in that spot so I'm fairly certain at least one other player is going to look you up with the 1:3.4 Odds he's getting on what must seem like a pretty strange play.

I don't see keeping a jack as a reasonable strategy here, because a pair of jacks not only is a pretty weak holding in that spot, you will have to decide if it's worth putting in the last of your chips. Drawing two to the flush doesn't seem to be a good alternative either. You picked a really bad hand for a missclick. I'd say you're best off drawing 5, because that should also give you some more action should you hit.

I would bet all-in with QQ+ here, calling an all-in is a tad more difficult. I think you should call if you think the bettor would bet out unimproved at least some of the time. If it's bet call to you I would ditch anything under Tens up and just hope for the Big Blind next hand.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:19 AM

Thanks for the replies. I think the blinds had around 2000-3000 after the first betting round. Button was larger, maybe 6000.

I stand pat, Button drew 3, check-check-I bet, button thinks and calls with 2 pair.

I don't pat bluff often, but it usually works when I do - I usually pat 7 high, plus occasional situations that just seem right (maybe once-twice per tournament, assuming I reach final table). Amusingly draw2-bluff almost never works, even if I'm mixing up trips with both d2 and d1 - maybe I need to always draw 2 to trips in these!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 PM

are your draw-1 and draw-2 bluffs raise-opens from the button or cutoff?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are your draw-1 and draw-2 bluffs raise-opens from the button or cutoff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much don't do such moves at all now, except possibly with a straightflush draw. But when I did they would be raise-opens from btn or CO.