Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you trust politicians?
Yes 8 9.64%
No 75 90.36%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Two \'\'Hyachacha\'\' Hands, OT Poll

Full Tilt 5/10 both.

[ Hee vs. Haw ]
Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO (40/18/1) raises</font>, Button folds, unknown SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

[ Coldcallorama ]
Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG (49/26/1 over ~100) calls, <font color="#cc0000">HJ raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">unknown CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, fish coldcalls 2.5, Hero calls 2, UTG calls 2, HJ calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (15SB, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, HJ checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, fish calls, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, HJ folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, fish folds, Hero calls 2 more...

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Two \'\'Hyachacha\'\' Hands, OT Poll

i usually fold flop first one, definitely fold flop to 2 second one, silencekit.org/inflect.ca ftw.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:32 PM

and really the 2nd flop call of 2 is probably close. i just like to get out early in these spots. i turn the J and river the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 100%
Old 11-13-2007, 05:47 PM

Miles, might a three-tone board or backdoor spade draw persuade you to call the flop twice? Given the current board, how early do you fold?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:59 PM

i think even as it is you should probably call, i just don't do it. make it rainbow with the As and i can't fold.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:22 PM

wtf fold that crap, and it's not close.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think even as it is you should probably call.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are given 22:2 on your call - and that's assuming utg won't cap. how many outs do you give yourself on that board against a utg who is willing to raise a huge field and a co reraising? say we improve to a two-pair - how often do you think it will be the best hand at showdown?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:42 PM

utg's a lag and yeah he's raising the field, but he's the type of guy to do that with QJ J9 97 or any two diamonds. AT/A8/TT/88 all usually get raised preflop by a 49/28 so really the only thing i'm worried about is T8 and i still have my J outs and the backdoor straight to work with. also the preflop 3-bettor can easily have AK/AQ here. my J does give him a redraw to the straight, but in a pot this big that's something you deal with. i just think it's a very close spot and i'm unwilling to really try to figure it out. i often just fold to avoid the pain.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:17 PM

yes, but even if utg is raising a draw, there are still so many factors that weaken your draw:

1. utg can still cap even his draw.
2. your outs are compromised, either because some of your outs give him a straight or a flush or because he holds one of your outs
3. if he has a draw, you have reverse implied odds agaisnt him.
4. some of your outs give him or the co a redraw to a flush or straight.
5. you might also be drawing near dead against the co if he has a monster.
6. even if you improve you might be stuck in a raising war making a showdown very expensive.
7. you only have 100 hands on utg - so your read that he's a lag is not iron clad.

overall, it feels that your hand suffers badly from rio and may be drawing dead. maybe it's a leak of mine but i still can't imagine it being a close decision.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 PM

Hand 1 - I just fold flop. I like the donk once you hit the T. I'm not sure whether I'm calling this turn raise though, unless you think he will spazz with 77-99 or like A6s. Then, once you get to the river and he bets again, you're basically hoping he has exactly QT, JT, or T9 for the split. I don't think you can make this call either. So I fold every street postflop lol

Hand 2 I fold this flop pretty quickly, if the 8 were a spade I would call. I think I would still fold on a rainbow board without a spade.

And subsume ftw.