comebullets 4 3.92%
Qrtr2Robusto 0 0%
BASTARD 22 21.57%
I'm clicking this and will make a suggestion 14 13.73%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Lest we forget - Hiroshima & Nagasaki

[ QUOTE ]
During a week of mayhem in Iraq, in which terrorists have rightly been condemned for targeting schoolchildren, it is sobering to recall that this week is also the 62nd anniversary of a U.S. attack that deliberately took the lives of thousands of children on their way to school in the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. As noted in the Strategic Bombing Survey conducted at President Harry Truman’s request, when the bomb hit Hiroshima on April 6, 1945, “nearly all the school children ... were at work in the open,” to be exploded, irradiated or incinerated in the perfect firestorm that the planners back at the University of California-run Los Alamos lab had envisioned for the bomb’s maximum psychological impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Robert Scheer article
Old 08-08-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Lest we forget - Hiroshima & Nagasaki

Yeah it's a shame they decided to attack pearl harbor huh ???

They attacked us first, Then we dropped some big bombs to end years of War across the globe.

It's wierd Terrorists attacked NY in kinda like pearl harbor fashion but we dont' do anything about it.

Anything reasonable other than lining Haliburton and KBR's pockets
Old 08-08-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
During a week of mayhem in Iraq, in which terrorists have rightly been condemned for targeting schoolchildren, it is sobering to recall that this week is also the 62nd anniversary of a U.S. attack that deliberately took the lives of thousands of children on their way to school in the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. As noted in the Strategic Bombing Survey conducted at President Harry Truman’s request, when the bomb hit Hiroshima on April 6, 1945, “nearly all the school children ... were at work in the open,” to be exploded, irradiated or incinerated in the perfect firestorm that the planners back at the University of California-run Los Alamos lab had envisioned for the bomb’s maximum psychological impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Robert Scheer article

[/ QUOTE ]

I love ppl who post this crap.

Why is ok for other countries to use force to kill american's and it's no ok for us TO DO ANYTHING about it.

WTF is with all this turn the other cheek stuff.

"Yeah they killed your family but the lord says turn the other cheek" Screw that.

We should seriously make a worldwidestatement.

DON'T ATTACK US ANYMORE

And if they do we go micheal masden resiovoir dogs on them.

If they hadn't of done what we told them not to do than their citizens would still be alive.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:39 AM

Iraq as a country never attacked the USA. In fact Saddam Hussein was an ally of the US in the middle-east.

The reason I was given for going to war were WMD... LOL

The objection that I have is that the US has used WMD on a large scale, I know of no other country that has done so.

Of course, it is convenient to forget history, or distort the view of it, to justify abominations! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It seems that the US goes reservoir dog whenever they want too, for no reasons at all. Typical psychopath country, imo.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Iraq as a country never attacked the USA. In fact Saddam Hussein was an ally of the US in the middle-east.

The reason I was given for going to war were WMD... LOL

The objection that I have is that the US has used WMD on a large scale, I know of no other country that has done so.

Of course, it is convenient to forget history, or distort the view of it, to justify abominations! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never mentioned Iraq in our posts

And it can work both ways too

If we would stay out of the middle east like they want us too maybe they would stop attacking us.

But that's not going to happen. I personally NEVER forsee the cycle of violence ending. Ever

I could only think of about 3 events that could happen to ever unify this damn planet in peace and let's face it odds are we'll never see it.

1) Independence day

2) Deep Impact

3) Night of the Living Dead

Hey I would love a Star Trek like society where everyone has food and water and electricity. There is no pollution and the Universe is our oyster.

But their will always be things keeping us from those goals.

Money, Power, Horrible Governments, Hatred.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 AM

Why would Japan, out of the clear blue sky attack the most powerful nation in the world?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would Japan, out of the clear blue sky attack the most powerful nation in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

cut down on the level of online gaming competition LDO.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cut down on the level of online gaming competition LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I know all about our embargo's and such at the time but Japan was still aggressive towards other countries at the time.

At what point down the road would they have had the guts to attack us anyway 10-20-30 years down the road ???
Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM

Lest we not forget

Nanking Massacre

[ QUOTE ]
The International Military Tribunal for the Far East stated that 20,000 (and perhaps up to 80,000) women were raped—their ages ranging from infants to the elderly (as old as 80). Rapes were often performed in public during the day, sometimes in front of spouses or family members. A large number of them were systematized in a process where soldiers would search door-to-door for young girls, with many women taken captive and gang raped. The women were then killed immediately after the rape, often by mutilation. According to some testimonies, other women were forced into military prostitution as comfort women. There are even stories of Japanese troops forcing families to commit acts of incest.[14] Sons were forced to rape their mothers, fathers were forced to rape daughters. One pregnant woman who was gang-raped by Japanese soldiers gave birth only a few hours later; the baby was perfectly healthy (Robert B. Edgerton, Warriors of the Rising Sun). Monks who had declared a life of celibacy were forced to rape women for the amusement of the Japanese.[14] Chinese men were forced to have sex with corpses. Any resistance would be met with summary executions. While the rape peaked immediately following the fall of the city, it continued for the duration of the Japanese occupation.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Women and children were not spared from the horrors of the massacres. Often times, Japanese soldiers cut off the breasts, disemboweled them, or in the case of pregnant women, cut open the uterus and removed the fetus. Witnesses recall Japanese soldiers throwing babies into the air and catching them with their bayonets. Pregnant women were often the target of murder, as they would often be bayoneted in the belly, sometimes after rape.[19] Many women were first brutally raped then killed. The actual scene of this massacre is introduced in detail in the documentary film of the movie "The Battle of China".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah when America does anything it's the most horrible thing every committed. When others do it, you and other American bashers just look the other way.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you haven't been paying attention.

Besides which, even recent history shows that you can kill a million people in a short amount of time just with machetes, so why the special place for WMDs? The Khmer Rouge did a pretty good job without them as well.