Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Overpair+GS

UTG is TAG

BB is loose and somewhat aggressive

I´m really not sure about this one, might be bad...
I normally 3-bet this on the flop, but UTG CCing makes me worry - calldown is my plan. However the turn makes things very ugly...

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds...
Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Overpair+GS

I don't mind preflop and flop. However, I call the turn and either check/call or check/fold depending on what the river is and the action behind you.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:21 PM

Well I wouldn't be too worried about UTG having you beat here. The LRR preflop, cold call flop, raise turn looks like something like JTs or ATs more than AA. The problem is BB behind you who could 3bet a monster. There is no way I fold here, especially with a gutshot. I don't think you get BB to fold anything by 3betting, so I just cold call.

If BB 3bets behind you, easy fold UI on the river. If BB just calls, I check/call one bet on the river (unless its like the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) and fold for two.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:25 PM

AS you played it, I think this is a pretty easy fold on the turn. His most likely holding is AA/KK and he played it like a retard.

so... UTG limp-raised preflop, obv repping AA/KK. After he coldcalls the flop, I would decide its a retarded way to play AA/KK so he doesn't have it. Therefore, I would 3bet the flop.

However, I think I'd prefer not capping preflop. You have good relative position. I would see a flop and c/r to force out BB if its looking favorable (like this one).
Old 11-16-2007, 02:27 PM

[censored] i didnt even see the gutter on the turn. that makes it more difficult, but I still fold as played. It would be pretty [censored] up to put in 4 BBs on the turn with (maybe) 6 outs, and occasionally the best hand
Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 PM

I can see folding this turn. You're either a huge dog or a small favorite. You have only a few outs, many of them are dirty, and you're not closing the action. I think this is a good fold.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:28 PM

what trypt said.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:05 PM

def a turn fold here with that action, u got 6 outs most likely and the pot isnt offering enough to make up for it
Old 11-17-2007, 06:23 AM

I think this is a good turn fold. Having to fold the overpair and gutshot sucks. I don't know why got fancy with the preflop UTG limp-reraise, but when you're not closing the action it's usually going to be a big mistake to continue here.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:05 AM

you maiby have the best hand but also a hand like J9 has you drawing pretty slim for halve the pot I like the turn fold