Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 PM

Default 44 BvB

BB is 50/30/2 over 60 hands. He was playing really nuts. I just completed knowing he would probably raise and I would be able to get a read from that raise. I was thinking to go to any sd with no A or K or Q on board, hence the raise pre for value. Betting every street and not getting check raised is probably a no-brainer?

Full Tilt Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.70 BB
Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: 44 BvB

looks good. I usually open raise pf, that might be a matter of preference in this case though.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I just completed knowing he would probably raise and I would be able to get a read from that raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know he raises what's the read you get from that?
So you are completing with intention to 3-bet a raise. Not sure you have equity with 44 for that. I would simply raise pf.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:47 PM

Sounds like the type to raise any two against a limp, so I guess preflop is ok. I'm not sure why you'd want the lead against this guy though, just let him fire at you with his QJ or whatever.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I just completed knowing he would probably raise and I would be able to get a read from that raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know he raises what's the read you get from that?
So you are completing with intention to 3-bet a raise. Not sure you have equity with 44 for that. I would simply raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he would raise garbage so if he does raise I know where I am. I should have said "probably raise if he had paint." He was playing crazy in the sense that if he had QJ or KQ etc it was the nuts, whatever the board. If I raise and he just calls I don't know where I stand as much vs him. Was pretty player specific and I'm sure this isn't something to do all the time.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he would raise garbage

[/ QUOTE ]
If he doesn't raise garbage, you are already an underdog and shouldn't 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]

He was playing crazy in the sense that if he had QJ or KQ etc it was the nuts, whatever the board

[/ QUOTE ]
That means donking the flop is not good. Just c/c
Old 11-19-2007, 06:17 PM

Against a player that 3-bets a lot preflop I would just comlete/call it to keep the pot small.

Stox talks about it in his book.

The reraise preflop is spewish IMO. You build a big pot with a marginal hand OOP against a SD bound guy. OP, you do realize that when you SD 22, 33, 44 UI then you are most often a dog right?

I dont understand the flop donk and I never will understand why people donk into the preflop capper.

Why is it that we expect the preflop capper to check behind the flop?

Now if you are looking to bet/3-bet I can understand it a little bit better tho I still prefer to c/r.

But when you are not looking to bet/3-bet then donking is just plain bad.

Cliff notes: I really think you misplayed PF and flop.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:18 PM

i really think you outcrazied him on this hand.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a player that 3-bets a lot preflop I would just comlete/call it to keep the pot small.

Stox talks about it in his book.

The reraise preflop is spewish IMO. You build a big pot with a marginal hand OOP against a SD bound guy. OP, you do realize that when you SD 22, 33, 44 UI then you are most often a dog right?

I dont understand the flop donk and I never will understand why people donk into the preflop capper.

Why is it that we expect the preflop capper to check behind the flop?

Now if you are looking to bet/3-bet I can understand it a little bit better tho I still prefer to c/r.

But when you are not looking to bet/3-bet then donking is just plain bad.

Cliff notes: I really think you misplayed PF and flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

oink, we really think on the same page alot, if he is showdown bound i dont like this play with 44, i like just checking and letting him bet it off, i am waiting for stronger hands to get in a big pot vs him.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:22 PM

I'll never put this many bets in preflop. 44 don't have enough equity. I'll usually raise myself but if your read is spot on I see nothing wrong in complete/call.

I CR flop and lead turn and river as you did. I'd probably allow him to bluff if a scare card hits on the river and he's aggresive enough.