Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 02:17 AM

Default what to do w/set of 5s on river?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $49.50
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $99.05</font>
UTG: $54.15
CO: $48.70
BTN: $405.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($1.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.75</font>, BTN calls $6.25

<font color="black">River:</font> ($18.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $396.00</font>, Hero ?????

opponent is 88/26/0.88 over 270 hands
Old 05-13-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: what to do w/set of 5s on river?

Fold. It looks like he picked up a flush draw on the turn and got there on the river, but in any case he's loose/passive and I can't see him making a huge overbet on the river as a bluff or for value with any worse hand.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:22 AM

Raise pf.

Bet the flop.

Turn looks good.

As much as I hate it, I fold the river. He's not very aggressive, and I don't see really any reasonable 2-pair combos.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:24 AM

Do you think he made a flush on the river? If he made a flush on the river, why would he shove all his chips in?
Old 05-13-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think he made a flush on the river? If he made a flush on the river, why would he shove all his chips in?

[/ QUOTE ]
Simple. He puts hero on a big hand since he reraised the turn and now he expects him to call any amount on the river.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Simple. He puts hero on a big hand since he reraised the turn and now he expects him to call any amount on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that you are giving someone that's 88/26 WAY too much credit if you are suggesting that he a) thought about his opponents hand or b) thought about what he wanted his opponent to do. IMO someone with 88/26 could be doing this with almost any two cards.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:48 AM

I fold the river. It is such a huge overbet!!It reaks of a flush draw on the turn that hit the river... If he is bluffing, then wait and snap him off next time you make a hand.

I bet this flop against an 88/26... I would like to see what people have to say about the river bet... I can see it as nice for value were hands like AT will call... what else are you getting value from here? 56, 89 xx??

FYI: if you have seen villain put moves on like this with poor hands, then inta-call, and if you hit a flush re-buy and bust him later...
Old 05-13-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that you are giving someone that's 88/26 WAY too much credit if you are suggesting that he a) thought about his opponents hand or b) thought about what he wanted his opponent to do. IMO someone with 88/26 could be doing this with almost any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

But would an 0.88 AF player do this on the river? It's a weird combination, but perhaps he's minraising a lot of hands preflop and thus the 26% PFR number. My contention is that he's loose/passive.

As for thinking about his opponents hand, he doesn't really have to think too deep to realize that hero showed strength on the turn.