Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Foxwoods Dealer venting, scene 2

A few weeks ago I am at FW 10/20 and I get HU in a pot with the woman immediately to my left who raises me pre-flop. I have QT and the flop comes down QJx three diamonds. I bet the flop and she raises all-in.

I say to her "Should we turn our cards over?" and when she says nothing I just flip my QT over. She flips over just the A of diamonds. The turn comes T (not a diamond) and I say - that gives me two pair. The river is a blank.

She picks up her cards and throws them towards the dealer. They go about halfway from the 9 seat, well over the "betting line", but do not touch the muck. The A is still showing, the other card is still face down. The dealer, who is one of the worst at Foxwoods - and that is saying alot - sits there motionless for about 3 seconds. The woman then exclaims "oh goodness I have a straight!". She retrieves her hand from over the line and proudly displays her AK for the win.

I don't say a word at the time. Because I think it won't win me the pot anyway, and I was so angry that once I start venting it will take a lot to stop. Also, she is one of the worst players I have ever played against and I don't want her to get upset and leave.

On this dealers next shift I describe the scenario to a newly arrived player on my right, loud enough for the dealer to hear, and ask his opinion. He says "Thats awful you should have won that hand"... But he conceded that the Floor decision could have gone against me.

I do decide to not tip this dealer again for what amounted to about 6 pots the rest of the day. I blame the dealer because I believe that as soon as the cards were tossed she should have scooped them up and brought them into the muck.

I am interested in opinions about whether:
1) I should have called the Floor immediately
2) I should continue my tipping ban on this dealer. It should be noted that Foxwoods pools dealer tips - so by not tipping this dealer I am in effect punishing all dealers. Perhaps I should pick a favorite dealer and compensate by tipping them $2 per pot.

Thoughts?