Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2007, 01:20 PM

Default I\'m winning too much!

I've been playing in a new home game @ a friends house for a couple months now. We play very small stakes ($20 buyin cash game, 20cent/40cent NLHE), but many people usually end up buying in more than once b/c we're only playing w/ only 40 big bets. We play anywhere between 3 and 7 or 8 handed. I have been there maybe 10 times so far and have won BIG (biggest was over $100 profit...usually around $50-$60)on all but 2 of the times, where I had reletivaly small losses ($15 and $50). My friend (who doesn't go there) keeps telling me me that if I keep winning so much and so often they're gonna stop inviting me. He said I should throw a game or two and just go dump my money. I absolutely refuse to do this b/c I have to much respect for the game in general, and (obviously) I don't wanna loose my money. Have any of you ever been in a similar situation? I play much better than all of them, and there is only one actual "decent" player there. They sometimes mention the fact that I "always" win, but never in an angry way or suggesting that they don't want me back. I'm just worried that if I keep dominating that game they'll stop inviting me for good. One additional thing to note is that on maybe 2 occations I left winner b/c I got lucky on a couple key hands. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks.