Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 02:05 PM

Default 1/2PLO SH accidental full. Your lines ?

Hi all. I'm pretty new to this forum and to PLO so please don't be too angry if you you feel this have been already posted many times. I also apologize for my english (this not being my native tongue) and the format of my hand, as I haven't found a converter forTribecca's rooms.

PLO $1/$2(SH) 5-handed

Hero(MP) has $218
Vilain(B) has $192.82
SB has $215
BB has $40
EP has $370

Table is absolutely ultra LAG and fishy (there has been a 4-bet on flop with tpp without redraw vs top&bottom pair without redraw a few rounds earlier). Vilain is maybe the less crazy of the table. Still pretty LAG and not that scary.

Pre-flop :
Dealt to Hero : 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP calls, Hero calls, Vilain calls, SB calls, BB checks

Flop.
5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, EP checks, Hero bets pot ($10), Vilain calls ($10), SB folds, BB folds, EP folds

Turn 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Board cards 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
Hero bets pot ($30), Vilain calls ($30)

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Board cards 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets pot ($90), Vilain calls ($90)

Hero has Full House : 4s full of 5s
Vilain has 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Vilain has Full House : 4s full of 8s
Vilain wins $267 with Full House : 4s full of 8s (8 kicker)

Well, he hits his 3 outer but that's not the point.. On the replay, my river bet seems foolish and pointless. A check/call may seem more appropriate. But my question is what is your line (full pot bet on the turn or not ? And if not why ?). c/c on the river ? Something different ?
I'd really appreciate your wise comments. Thank you.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Re: 1/2PLO SH accidental full. Your lines ?

i think u played it fine except the river. i also like c/cing. definatly pot the turn and fold to a raise
Old 08-04-2006, 03:46 AM

Unlucky m8,

I like your play except for calling preflop, I know your in late position but still...4 5 7 k. Anyway the real problem is that your playing an underfull out of position, not easy.

Flop bet is perfect, but after the flop I'd like to get the hand checked down for two reasons:
1)Your out of position.
2)You need to keep the pot small because you don't want any tricky decisions for all your chips down the line.

As it turns out he would have probably checked the turn and bet the river for $30, you can then decide what to do. Depends on your read of the player, would he bet without a house, is he capable of bluffing? The point is it's a much cheaper decision.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 AM

I disagree, his river bet is perfectly fine. His opponent is clearly a retarded calling station who goes "OMGIHAVEAFOUR!!!!" and calls down all the way while paying absolutely no attention to his opponent. His river bet given the opponent in question was for value and absolutely correct. He was simply unlucky the villain had caught 3 outs from 40 cards. One of the other 37 cards in the deck would have reaped the rewards.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:50 AM

I don't like PF especially if the table is ultra LAG/fishy. It's going to be hard to either steal a pot or make a hand worth backing your stack with.

Post flop is ok though. I might bet less on the turn (20 -25) unless he is a super calling station. People easily call with a 4 on the flop to see what happens on the turn and then if there is tons of pressure they let it go.

And if I am against someone that I want to bet on the river I usually bet less then pot on the river too to try and induce a call. It also is integrated into my play so I can bluff for less then pot on the river as well in other spots.

Against some players though I would defiently rather check/call though possibly even check/fold if they are super nitty and will only call down to hit one of their 9 overs.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:32 PM

Ok, thanks for all your comments.. I probably play way too much hands PF as the games on tribecca tend to be very loose/passive and I believe myself able to outplay them on flop.. I'd probably have to make some adjustments for more LAGish games..
Old 08-04-2006, 10:00 PM

I disagree with check/calling. If vilian is beat he can just check behind and hero loses big value. If hero is beat villian is probably betting, possibly even potting it. Check/calling is almost saying "I only want more money to go in the pot if I am behind."

But I do strongly agree your biggest problem was playing that hand in the first place.