Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 04:44 PM

Default T9 flops 2 pair, turn gets ugly

Villain in this hand is a TAG. He has respect for my game, and we have tended to avoid each other at this otherwise donkish table. He steals correctly and knows that I defend correctly.

My image is pure crap, since my Aces just lost to Q6 offsuit; such hands have been a regular occurrence for me at this table. I may well have been seeing monsters under the bed when I checked the turn.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
Old 07-24-2006, 03:45 AM

Default Re: T9 flops 2 pair, turn gets ugly

i fold the river, but i always assume some jerk took and A to showdown
Old 07-24-2006, 05:15 AM

What's your plan Drew? You donked hoping to 3-bet the Flop?

You have a good hand but bottom 2-pair is always vulnerable. I vote take the standard line of max. your return early.

Given your hand and his likely holdings he will opt to just call a lot of hands there, IMO. If so, CR the Flop gets more bets in when he fast-plays AND when he waits for the Turn. Obviously you may need to re-evaluate depending on the Turn card, but I do not see the donk getting more money here.

I like a CR on this Flop, you maybe get to cap the Flop or 3-bet a safe turn card-vs-AK/KQ/KJ etc.(obviously the Turn here is not a great card to see).

You never put a tough decision on Villain anywhere; donk, check-call, check-call. Man you are a dream to play against...
Old 07-24-2006, 09:47 AM

way to play like a pussy

just check/raise the flop your hand isnt that great, any ace, Q or J on the turn is going to cause you drama
Old 07-24-2006, 10:46 AM

Flop: I would normally c/r, but I dont think the donk is bad. We can not protect our hand against anything we want to fold anyway, and our equity isn't that great.

Turn: I think a b/f is best, since we are badly behind everything but a bluff raise. When you are behind you should often lose one BB less, and you do not let him check behind a worse hand. He has to turn raise on a worse hand often for this to be bad, since the pot is small. Also since the pot is small, giving up our few outs is not that expensive.

River: I also c/c without a good read.