Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 06:06 PM

Default NL100: AKo OOP

Feel free to flame away, this was garbage. I dont like hands like this OOP, is it too nitty to just fold? After the third barrel I was commited anyway, felt a bit foolish after this...

No reads, only just sat down. Converter messed up a bit, I am in SB and villain is in seat 7

Party Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 10 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (): $98
: $122.23
: $95
: $136.33
: $39
: $56.76
Villain: $98.63
: $55.73
: $172.41
: $18.48

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero ()
4 folds, <font color="red"> raises to $4</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $3.50, folds

Flop: ($9) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, calls $7

Turn: ($23) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $17</font>, calls $17

River: ($57) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $40</font>, <font color="red"> raises to $70.63 and is All-In</font>,
Old 11-22-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: NL100: AKo OOP

I'd 3bet preflop for sure to narrow villain's range and gain some initiative since I'll be OOP postflop. As played, I'm checking and (unhappily) calling a half pot bet on the river, hoping for AQ/AJ. Against an unknown, I may even c/c turn, but I suck and being OOP sucks more. lol
Old 11-22-2007, 06:58 PM

Reraise preflop. As played, donking flop is pretty awful.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:50 PM

I would also 3 bet pre, unless I had a clear plan against an opponent, which you don't.

I actually don't mind the donk too much. He can put you on any ace here, or a draw. I think this line maximises value versus AQ. However, it does mean you may have to stack off if reraised on the flop.

I definitely don't mind how you played the flop and turn. The river is a check call for me I think.

What hands are you expecting to see at showdown? Does a set really not raise on two streets of 2 flush board? I think he may well have 2 pair here.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also 3 bet pre, unless I had a clear plan against an opponent, which you don't.

I actually don't mind the donk too much. He can put you on any ace here, or a draw. I think this line maximises value versus AQ. However, it does mean you may have to stack off if reraised on the flop.

I definitely don't mind how you played the flop and turn. The river is a check call for me I think.

What hands are you expecting to see at showdown? Does a set really not raise on two streets of 2 flush board? I think he may well have 2 pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]
+1
Old 11-22-2007, 08:35 PM

As everyone already stated 3 bet PF.

Seeing how you just called the PF raise I think you have to check raise the flop.

Turn meh

Because I am an idiot and the pot is huge I call his all in on the river. At 100NL this could easily be a horribly played A/Q, A/J. You're getting what?? 5.5:1 to call??
Old 11-23-2007, 04:59 AM

I sucj with AK OOP. I called and he lost to his set of Aces, he sucked me in good and proper by just calling the flop and turn. God i hate getting stacked afetr just sitting down.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sucj with AK OOP. I called and he lost to his set of Aces, he sucked me in good and proper by just calling the flop and turn. God i hate getting stacked afetr just sitting down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not three betting PF allowed him to suck you in. Your big mistake seemed to be PF.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:57 PM

I prefer to reraise preflop to $12 and bet the flop. I'd fold if he pushes preflop. And I'd need to make a judgement call if he continued past my cb on the flop.

As played to the river, c/c to let missed draws bluff.

As played for a bet on the river, you have to call given the pot odds. But you are going to lose about 80% of the time, but you only need to win 15% of the time for a call to be +EV. So call.