Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: College Football Thread

mediocre player-
I hate every Big11Ten teams sans Illinois and Purdue
I mean HATE for quite a few of them

trust me, I don't love scUM, tO$U, and IdiotsOutWalkingAround

I see the Badgers going 5-3 (losing 3 of v Iowa, @ Illinois, @ Penn St, @ Ohio St, v Michigan)
I actually think they'll be a better team this year than last, but their conference schedule is much harder and the conference is much stronger.

I have Iowa losing 2 or 3

I have tO$U losing 2 or 3

I have Michigan losing 1 or 2

I have Penn State losing between 1 and 4

I just want to go with the ballsy pick

Probably should go with Michigan since they get Penn St at home, but that would be so boring.

Michigan has the best chance to win IMO.

Q: Why is it so windy in Illinois?

A: Because Indiana sucks and Iowa blows.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 PM

Any thoughts on 'Cuse vs. Washington? The Huskies are supposed to stink too, so it might be competitive, right? How soon before I'm asking when basketball season starts?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
somehow i feel that all the post-event love for Leak from fans of rival SEC teams is more just a cleverly disguised jab at UF for the upcoming season ..... if he loses vs OSU i doubt ppl would be bringing up how Leak is a big loss, there would be another way/reason to say they're not going to win the conf again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

not saying wisky at #5 isn't possible, but just wondering if you're a wisky hater/have a bias?

I seem to recall a sidebar in the thread during the Wisk/Ark bowl game that (justifiably) bashed Wisky's OOC creampuff sched just to guarantee they'd get into a new years day bowl (and the payoff) as opposed to going balls out to win a NC.

If they finished #5 with a 4-4 type record, that'd be a pretty massive debacle given all the hype in the magazines this summer

[/ QUOTE ]
What is it with you and ulterior motives? Can't people just make honest, straightforward posts that they actually mean? (I know it sounds crazy and all.)
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

SEC is also much more leniant on who gets into the schools and they still cut way more

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. It's about equal across the NCAA, you only have tougher requirements if you chose to do so. It really doesn't make a lot of sense to do so unless you really don't have a problem recruiting.

As is, a few schools in the SEC have a tougher math requirement than all other NCAA schools. There are a few players the past few years that haven't been able to get in to UF that could get in to any other school. Larry Grant at OSU 2 years ago is the last example of this. I think UGA & Vandy are the 2 other schools in the SEC that have the same requirements.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:17 PM

I wish Moody could play this year, we need a damn RB [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Huge pick up though. We should be pretty sick there next year.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SEC is also much more leniant on who gets into the schools and they still cut way more

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. It's about equal across the NCAA, you only have tougher requirements if you chose to do so. It really doesn't make a lot of sense to do so unless you really don't have a problem recruiting.

As is, a few schools in the SEC have a tougher math requirement than all other NCAA schools. There are a few players the past few years that haven't been able to get in to UF that could get in to any other school. Larry Grant at OSU 2 years ago is the last example of this. I think UGA & Vandy are the 2 other schools in the SEC that have the same requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

nearly the entire big11ten has higher requirements than those the NCAA imposes by choice
Old 08-29-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nearly the entire big11ten has higher requirements than those the NCAA imposes by choice

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I didn't say that wasn't true, but the SEC being more lenient than other schools isn't true. Some SEC schools are tougher in some areas than Big11ten schools.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MyTurn2Raise...last year you mentioned something about a handicapping contest for this CFB season. Any interest in a 2+2 CFB handicapping contest?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah....interested, but I don't want to take up much time
I've tried to clear my schedule of things that take time but don't earn me dollars
The whole having a gf means my freetime should go for her quite a bit and not to spending any more hours on football
I view it as a Brag, but many will say it's a beat

alright...I had a change of heart when writing this
we can do some trashtalking thing

yahoo! fantasy has a college pick'em

I've set up a group - 2p2Donkeys
password - Juice

AP top 25 picking verse the spread

they haven't started it up yet, so I'm not sure how it will work and if you can join the group

hopefully, the pick set will be up soon
you're allowed to wait 5 minutes until gametime to pick
also, in the past, games without a line were counted as picking the winner of the game (lame flaw in the system)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still doing this? It's asking me for the Group #, not the group name so I can't join.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big11Ten predictions
1) Penn State
2) Michigan
3) Ohio State
4) Iowa
5) Wisconsin
6) Purdue
7) Northwestern
8) Indiana
9) Illinois
10) Michigan State
11) Minnesota

[/ QUOTE ]

fun times.

I think Michigan and Penn State are the top two in the Bigten with osu 3rd. Wisconsin is ridiculously overrated after steamrolling the weakest schedule ever last year. The defense put up good numbers against the likes of buffalo, sdsu, western illinois, bowling green and they didn't play ohio state. Losing Joe Thomas and Stocco is going to be a bigger loss than most people expect. I see them in the 4-5 slot as well.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:13 PM

lol @ PSU winning in Ann Arbor.