Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Standard boilerplate response from Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA)

I sent the PPA form letter so I guess it would be a bit silly to expect anything other than form letter response.

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr. FishBiscuit:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding H.R. 2046, the Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement Act of 2007 .

I appreciate your taking the time to bring your views on this important matter to my attention. As a United States Senator, it is essential that I be kept fully informed on the issues of concern to my constituents. Be assured that I will keep your thoughts on internet gambling in mind when the Senate considers this or related issues during the 110 th Congress.

The concerns of my constituents are of great importance to me, and I rely on you and other Pennsylvanians to inform me of your views. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at http://specter.senate.gov. Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Arlen Specter

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Standard boilerplate response from Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA)

It is frustrating Mr. Fishbiscuit to get a boilerplate letter like this, I get them more often than not. Don't let it discourage you though, keep plugging away.

Maybe follow up with a phone call in a couple of weeks. Most people don't bother to contact their Congressmen so I am sure our voices are being heard.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Don\'t be too hard on Senator Specter (R-PA)

When the chips were down, he told Frist to go [censored] himself and would not let the UIGEA be attached to his legislation.
This had nothing to do with the fact it was online gaming, but rather that Arlen was playing by the rules the Republicans themselves had drafted the previous June.

Snarlin' Arlen also is likely one of the most reasonable Republicans around the Senate on our issue.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Don\'t be too hard on Senator Specter (R-PA)

[ QUOTE ]
Snarlin' Arlen also is likely one of the most reasonable Republicans around the Senate on our issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Whether he will turn out to be an ally is tough to guess, but he is not a lemming.