Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

[ QUOTE ]
I saw that one too, but I figure DB already has enough explaining to do for his countrymen, and didn't want him to slip too far behind in a single day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg, never explain, and certainly never apologise.

ps. Stop bigging up that terrorist Wallace - do you hate freedom?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:27 AM

why do you make a low content chit chat thread when the lounge is entirely low content chit chat
Old 11-15-2007, 08:59 AM

It's our "chat about anything you want to chat about without starting a new thread" thread [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Also how do you look at Borodog's Economy thread, or Kimbell's Female Singers thread, and say that the lounge is entirely low content? I don't get it.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 PM

maybe entirely was a slight overstatement but you get my drift
Old 11-15-2007, 01:08 PM

I'm not sure I do get your drift Joe john joe. Who are you and what is your point? What kind of threads and discussion do you feel would make for better content? You think it's easy then go for it.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:40 PM

We've become more a community than a nexus for deep thought, Joe. Things have loosened up so people will feel less intimidated and perhaps contribute more, and maybe have some more fun. It used to be more serious, but we got a lot of comments that people felt too intimidated to make contributions of their own, and that despite our being a very open friendly group. Now there aren't as many standards to live up to besides openness and friendliness themselves.

Still, there's a limit. One thread to round up all the most casual comments between members of the community is better than invading other threads with it or creating new threads to say you just tried some pudding you got at Trader Joe's and liked it, or something.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:55 PM

In an effort to try and keep in some sort of shape at an advanced age (45), I bought a mountain about 2 months ago and have been riding some the trails here in SE Michigan. There's a nice set of trails about 30 minutes from work I go to during lunch time, and the combo of pedaling hard and trying to keep from falling down a ravine is pretty exhilarating.

I think I got a decent bike, a Specialized Hardrock, and the trails have varying difficulties, so I'm getting exercise while having fun. This is much better than running on a treadmill, since I get really REALLY bored with that and usually quit that regimen before too long. The only thing stopping the MTB'ing are the Michigan winters, but apparently some trails stay open all year. We shall see.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 PM

Bought a whole mountain? Wow. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Biking outdoors is huge fun and very relaxing and good for the soul, I think. Exercising indoors doesn't come remotely close to being as fulfilling and able to invigorate the spirit. I can't stay on a treadmill for more than two or three minutes, it's so painfully dull and unnatural. But I've gone outside and biked happily for hours too many times to count.

Unfortunately, I don't do it any more because I won't ride in the L.A. streets. People are just way too lousy drivers. But one day, I picture myself being able to take long rides in a beautiful, low-traffic countryside. Might have to wait until after I retire, who knows. Good for you on finding a place you feel comfortable in to work out your body and hit the reset button on your spirit.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:22 PM

All,

JJJ is a previously banned troll. I'm not sure who he was before he decided to start trolling ATF and the Lounge this morning, then get banned, make another new account, and then keep trolling, but please disregard him.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:26 PM

Oh hey guys, just wanted to say I am super thrilled. I have two more classes to go before I am leaving for my week-long Turkeybreak (I'm sitting in class waiting for it to start at the moment).

On the downside, my mother is moving 6 hours away (as I think I've mentioned) and that is this Saturday. So as soon as my break pretty much begins, I have to go gettin all sentimental about my mom fleeing town. Haha.
Closed Thread