Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

I tried to withdraw to Moneybookers from UB without making a deposit first just to "seed" the account. Thought I would get lucky instead I got a message saying Moneybookers is no longer dealing with Canadians and gambling transactions. When I further emailed them they responded with this.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Sir/Madam ,

We're sorry but we are not able to withdraw to Canadian Moneybookers accounts at this time, as they no longer accept withdrawals derived from gaming transactions.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you require further assistance or additional information.

Best regards,

Randy
Withdrawal Support

[/ QUOTE ]

You can read more about this here Withdrawl From UB using Moneybookers

My first thought is that UB CS is clueless. If anyone has successfully withdrawn recently from UB (like last couple of days) please post when the last known time was.

BTW. Thx Bobo for all the work. I sent you a PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:35 PM

Thanks bobo for all the great work.
For Click2Pay, did anyone find out if there were any other fees on their C2P debit card when withdrawing large sums of cash? Or has it been confirmed that there is only a cost for the debit card and a dormant activity fee?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bank of Nova Scotia: $3.95/mo for 12 transactions
Royal Bank: Pay as you go chequing: No account fee, $1.00 for each assisted transaction, $0.50 for each automated transaction.
TD Canada Trust: $3.95/mo for 10 transactions
Bank of Montreal: $4.00/mo for 10 transactions
National Bank: $5.50/mo for 20 transactions (There may be a cheaper option but their online system is difficult to navigate for information)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a list for what each bank charges to receive and send international bank wires? I think the transaction fees there aren't referring to international bank wires.

I would avoid Royal Bank for international bank wires, whether incoming or outgoing. Very expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't looked at that yet. I can say from experience that a 20USD bank wire to moneybookers cost me $22.50 in service fees (would have been the same up to $10k, I believe). However, I don't actually plan to do that more than once.
I'll check during business hours tomorrow and post afterwards.

Cheers
Old 04-22-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thx a lot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Np, it's good to know the options.

I'm sure there are a bunch of really good credit unions and trusts out there with great rates but people will have to do their own research on those. There are far too many regional ones to consider.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:24 PM

I forgot to mention CIBC in my last post (why wouldn't a Canadian forget that? lol)

It's worth mentioning, I think, that I only looked a regular plans but students and seniors can probably get cheaper account rates.

updated list:
Bank of Nova Scotia: $3.95/mo for 12 transactions (incl. 4 teller assisted) or $3.95/mo. for 15 self service transactions (no fee if balance over $2000).
Royal Bank: Pay as you go chequing: No account fee, $1.00 for each assisted transaction, $0.50 for each automated transaction.
TD Canada Trust: $3.95/mo for 10 transactions (fee waived if balance over $1000)
Bank of Montreal: $4.00/mo for 10 transactions (fee waived if balance over $1500)
National Bank: $5.50/mo for 20 transactions (There may be a cheaper option but their online system is difficult to navigate for information)
CIBC: $3.90 for 10 transactions (fee waived if balance over $1000)
Old 04-22-2007, 10:30 PM

I called C2Pay last night about debit card fees (I'm a canadian). She said it was a 2% fee up to $15 with NO maximum that you can withdraw at one time up to 10k, IIRC. You may be able to have that increased, I'm not sure.

So I called my bank (a local credit union), and they said that as long as I had an account with them, and went in with ID, I could go to a teller and take out as much as I wanted each time (only limited by C2Pay I suppose).

Question: I've ordered my debit card, how long is it taking people to receive them?

2nd Question: How long does it take for a prima skin to w/d to C2Pay?

thnx
Old 04-22-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called C2Pay last night about debit card fees (I'm a canadian). She said it was a 2% fee up to $15 with NO maximum that you can withdraw at one time up to 10k, IIRC. You may be able to have that increased, I'm not sure.

So I called my bank (a local credit union), and they said that as long as I had an account with them, and went in with ID, I could go to a teller and take out as much as I wanted each time (only limited by C2Pay I suppose).

Question: I've ordered my debit card, how long is it taking people to receive them?

thnx

[/ QUOTE ]

took me 5 business days to receive mine, havent activated it yet as im still not sure if Ill use it since there is a 10$ fee for the cards, 5 $ per month and 2% each withdrawal

on the other hand, click2pay can send checks in Can $ for 2$ I think, so only 2$ per withdrawal and 1 week to receive it I assume, so thats not bad

still thinking about it
Old 04-22-2007, 10:55 PM

Not as of last month, I routinely buy-in for bonuses with my Citi card. I may stop this now as I could get a balance because of withdrawal problems could leave a balance at the end of a month.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thnx

[/ QUOTE ]

took me 5 business days to receive mine, havent activated it yet as im still not sure if Ill use it since there is a 10$ fee for the cards, 5 $ per month and 2% each withdrawal

on the other hand, click2pay can send checks in Can $ for 2$ I think, so only 2$ per withdrawal and 1 week to receive it I assume, so thats not bad

still thinking about it

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. You seem mistaken about the fees though. It's $10 for the card, then 2% to $15 (min $3)/withdrawal...the $5/month is a dormancy fee (after 6 months) which someone talked to them and they said they won't charge that. So it's a $10 up front fee, plus 2% to $15...and it's instant (which is why I like it...no waiting for cheques). I ordered mine Friday, so I hope it'll be here by the end of this week...and I'll be w/d'ing 4k right away with it.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. You seem mistaken about the fees though. It's $10 for the card, then 2% to $15 (min $3)/withdrawal...the $5/month is a dormancy fee (after 6 months) which someone talked to them and they said they won't charge that. So it's a $10 up front fee, plus 2% to $15...and it's instant (which is why I like it...no waiting for cheques). I ordered mine Friday, so I hope it'll be here by the end of this week...and I'll be w/d'ing 4k right away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This 2% is quite disconcerting. It says nothing about this on the website, that I ave seen...except for that link someone posted a while back, which is actually from their website for a different country. The problem is that if this is correct, I think this will always be 2%, the cap will never be reached...unless anyone can find an ATM that will allow you to withdraw more than $750 at a time.

EDIT: Ah, wait...are you interpreting the $15 max to be the max the 2% is taken on, IE max $3 fee? If so, I hope you're right, but it doesn't make sense. This would effectively be a flat $3 fee, since you're not going to find too many ATMs that allow you to withdraw less than $15.
Closed Thread