Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: A staking decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tbh if im not beating NL$100 over next20k i've got serious faults which need fixing and coach may be worthless then due to so many error

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] you'd take a $10,000 stake from a friend to move to higher stakes fast but wouldn't get a coach to move to higher stakes? Have your friend stake you for a coach then.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. just cos someone has teh BR doesnt mean they call play a certain limit. I'd MUCH rather get good coaching than money to donk away
Old 01-19-2007, 05:37 PM

If i was beating NL$100 over next 20 000 i wont accept staking and would ask 2p2 for advice, i'd prob not be able to afford a coach and my leaks must be massive if i cant beat NL$100.

If i can beat NL$100 over next 20k and staker is willing to accept huge risk then id be more willing to accept staking though for NL$200 and NL$400 shots.

Im going to hire a coach as i get to NL$200 and NL$400 probs
Old 01-19-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If i was beating NL$100 over next 20 000 i wont accept staking and would ask 2p2 for advice, i'd prob not be able to afford a coach and my leaks must be massive if i cant beat NL$100.

If i can beat NL$100 over next 20k and staker is willing to accept huge risk then id be more willing to accept staking though for NL$200 and NL$400 shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of like saying I'm going to wait until I get to the NBA until I get a coach, because I must have major leaks if I can't beat the guys at the local park.

I'm really surprised you'd accept money from your friend knowing that you would be a losing player at those stakes.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:43 PM

i don't understand these staking arrangements for small stakes players. so why would someone back you, knowing youa re going to try and play a game yo uhave not proven yourself in?

-- there actually is a big difference between 100NL and 400NL, especially post legislation.

-- if you ARE in fact good enough to beat the bigger games, it shouldn't take you very long at all to be rolled for at least 400NL.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tbh if im not beating NL$100 over next20k i've got serious faults which need fixing and coach may be worthless then due to so many error

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] you'd take a $10,000 stake from a friend to move to higher stakes fast but wouldn't get a coach to move to higher stakes? Have your friend stake you for a coach then.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is good advice...seriously.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of like saying I'm going to wait until I get to the NBA until I get a coach, because I must have major leaks if I can't beat the guys at the local park.

I'm really surprised you'd accept money from your friend knowing that you would be a losing player at those stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. losing otehr people's money would make me feel so bad. snowbank is very much correct throughout this thread
Old 01-19-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i'd only accept backing if i felt i could give him a return on his investment.

Im not a psycho gamboooller [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Decent coaches charge alot and if you can get taught at state school, why go to private?

Hes a investment banker, he's going to need to see proof i can beat X game to be willing to back me.

Hence this post, because as said a few times it seems -EV for me if i can personally beat themmyself(and have the roll).

Guess ill decline a backing untill i want to invest my bankroll?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i'd only accept backing if i felt i could give him a return on his investment.

Im not a psycho gamboooller [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Decent coaches teach you a lot and allow you to move up more quickly and earn higher winrates, allowing you to make a lot more money a lot faster than you would on your own

Hes a investment banker, he's going to need to see proof i can beat X game to be willing to back me.

Hence this post, because as said a few times it seems -EV for me if i can personally beat themmyself(and have the roll).

Guess ill decline a backing untill i want to invest my bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-19-2007, 05:52 PM

nl newbie. do u have me on aim or msn?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:53 PM

Hijack!!!

I've seriously been considering hiring a coach. I currently play NL200 and hope to move up to NL400 very soon. PM or post any recommendations for a coach?

Thanks!