Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
The Man with the Golden Gun 42 71.19%
A View to a Kill 17 28.81%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: 50NL; AK --> 3bet pot --> flop TPTK ->>Fold??

I call. He could have AQ that just picked up a GSSD draw, JJ that just picked up an OESD, AK, etc.

If situations were reversed and you 3bet, he c/c and pushed the Turn then I would fold but as it is he has committed himself to the hand with what could be a pretty standard line for some hands that you beat. The Turn could be a bit of a desperation push with outs.

BTW, don't mind a fold but I think with the above and getting 2:1 with between 3 & 9 outs (if needed) I call.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:57 AM

I can see where a call looks good pf and I would tend to flat it in-game too. Honestly though I can't see AQ being in villain's range at all and you are going to have trouble extracting postflop when you make a pair and are ahead. Either it's going to go down like this and you're almost always chopping at best or villain c/c's one bet on A/K hi board and folds to another.

If you have some further read beyond pf stats, OK. But based on that I would say his range pf is QQ+/AK, he is never folding an overpair or top pair, and he's not stacking off QQ/KK on a A hi flop, maybe QQ on a K hi flop.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:14 AM

[censored] it yo, I call.
I think him betting turn like this was the reason we didn't raise flop.

EDIT: Meh, just saw the low aggro factor.
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I still probably call, cuz I can't fold AK.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:56 AM

Basically, if you put JJ into his range, it's a call. If not, it's a fold. QQ+/AK and our equity falls short. If it's JJ+/AK... we're in the sweet spot.

This is the kinda place that keeps me up nights.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:13 AM

less then 10% PFR and he reraised HERO preflop. Smells like QQ+ and AK. So looks like we're behind too often to make it a call.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:03 AM

Well we gota be good ~33% of the time which we are if we include some AQ and JJ combos in villians range. This probably still only makes it a marginal call at best.But if you think villian plays those hands like this then it is a call. But Villian only has 1.39AF which is pretty passive so i def think his range includes less AQ/JJ hands so Id fold.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 AM

Call sooo fast. Your hand is seriously under repped and that ten of clubs potentially provided villain with decent draw with which to semibluff. Those stats are also fairly meaningless in regards to villains 3 betting tendencies especially if you have been active at the table.

edit: Are you guys wanting to fold this if the turn is a two and he shoves.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call sooo fast. Your hand is seriously under repped and that ten of clubs potentially provided villain with decent draw with which to semibluff. Those stats are also fairly meaningless in regards to villains 3 betting tendencies especially if you have been active at the table.

edit: Are you guys wanting to fold this if the turn is a two and he shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the turn was a 2 than IMO this is an easier fold than as is.

I folded. Villian is like never doing this with AQ IMO. And almost never JJ IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
I can see where a call looks good pf and I would tend to flat it in-game too. Honestly though I can't see AQ being in villain's range at all and you are going to have trouble extracting postflop when you make a pair and are ahead. Either it's going to go down like this and you're almost always chopping at best or villain c/c's one bet on A/K hi board and folds to another.

If you have some further read beyond pf stats, OK. But based on that I would say his range pf is QQ+/AK, he is never folding an overpair or top pair, and he's not stacking off QQ/KK on a A hi flop, maybe QQ on a K hi flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you recommending folding pre-flop here vs. his 3bet? OOP I'd generally 4bet. In position sometimes I just call. In position I can extract 2 bets a lot of the time. Calling also just balances out as a sometimes I just call with AA/KK in position to a 3bet.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:54 PM

Yes, he plays 37% of his hands but he only raises about 10% which puts him on roughly pairs 66+, AK, AQ, suited aces, KQs, QJs. Your only a 55/45 favorite preflop against his raising range, and the flop fits nicely into that range for a set, two pair, or AA. He might even have AK himself, but his turn bet indicates he's not scared of much. I would probably find a reason to fold and trap this guy later on in the session.

AC
Old 10-09-2007, 05:01 PM

I could be wrong here. Poker Stove said you're a 3:1 favorite on the flop and turn against villain's range. Maybe a call is in order? IDK...I just don't fell comfortable calling the turn.

Board: Ks 2h Qc Tc
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 74.057% 68.72% 05.33% 2661 206.50 { AdKc }
Hand 1: 25.943% 20.61% 05.33% 798 206.50 { 66+, A2s+, KQs, QJs, AQo+ }

AC

Edit: Just saw the low AF percentage too...I def think this is a fold.