Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: 25NL: do you ever fold this spot? (weak flush)

[ QUOTE ]
CR the turn and ship it on the river. Against this type of opponent you will almost always be good here.

[/ QUOTE ]
planning to c/r the turn is a bad play b/c it allows villain to take a free card if he wants. 3b the flop to $9 or just go ahead and shove. doesn't matter much either way imo.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:33 PM

If you ever consider folding this hand, you probably need to re-evaluate your starting hand requirements and start folding suited one-gaps and connectors.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:43 PM

People seem to jump for joy in these spots, its far from a terrific situation in a multiway pot, he is likely to have a flush and that flush is higher than ours. But this is 25NL so you can c/r all-in confident and get shown about every hand in the deck containing a king and some other random holdings.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:53 PM

I think his range is pretty wide here. It was a limped pot PF and you flopped the flush. His range could easily include KxQs or KxJs. Something along those lines. He could also have 44 or 33 or even 34. He could just be playing all macho with As2x. So with that being said I think I am putting him in on the turn. He could easily show up with a better flush but he doesn't have a lot of money to start with so Im not to worried. If the stacks were a lot deeper then I would raise the turn and if I got reraised I would fold and if he just called I would reevaluate the turn. But given how wide his range is I just shove him in here.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People seem to jump for joy in these spots, its far from a terrific situation in a multiway pot, he is likely to have a flush and that flush is higher than ours. But this is 25NL so you can c/r all-in confident and get shown about every hand in the deck containing a king and some other random holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]
chance of someone flopping a made flush is tiny, chance of having flush over flush on the flop, is like almost non existent. This could be so many hands we beat, youll hardly ever see a better flush here
Old 11-29-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize the chances of flopping a flush are less than 1%?so there is a less than less than 1% chance two people flopped a flush?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:02 PM

Wow guys put in some hands! I dont care about the procent of people flopping two flushes, i just say when he plays like this its often a bigger flush.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM

I would never fold here, and against a villain with these stats, I would reraise the flop. He makes this raise on the flop with a lot less than a higher flush.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow guys put in some hands! I dont care about the procent of people flopping two flushes, i just say when he plays like this its often a bigger flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've put in plenty of hands. It's almost never another flush from experience.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 PM

get it in on the flop, especially because if a 4th spade falls you are screwed. if he happens to have a higher flush then chalk it up to variance.