Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 04:29 AM

Default double barrel

BB: $71.60
UTG: $153.75
CO: $50
Hero (BTN): $43.60
SB: $76.85

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $0.50, CO folds, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($2) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB calls $4.50

Turn: ($14) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

no stats
i usually take the free card. but i was wondering if double barreling this is a better idea.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: double barrel

Double barreling means continuation betting twice after the flop having raised PF, so your situation does not represent a double barrel... I bet here, checking behind pretty much will induce a bet on the river on most cards, your equity is good and your semibluff does not need to success a lot of times for this to be +EV.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:41 AM

OMG ITS NOT DA DOUBLE BARRELELELZ

it'd be nice to know what villains did on turn, and what his stats are. I'd def bet turn after the flop line.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:43 AM

i think flop raise is great

i assume SB check Turn? i like a bet here around $8-$12 which will let you get all in with a slightly less than PSB on the riv if u hit and can also take the pot down immediately

**** Question for the uNL PROS.

Assume we bet $10 on the turn and SB Calls.

River blanks, we have about $26.5 left . SB checks to us, Do we bluff all in?

Obv it may be villain dependant and we dont have any reads, but some general thoguhts against a standard loose passive/ loose agg villain ?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:33 AM

I typed a response and my CPU stopped working. Uh, I'd normally check the turn. It's close because you now have a gutshot so more compelled to fire again. Cannot call a shove. Betting could get a better flush draw to fold and certainly any kind of Jack or PP that called flop raise for some reason (maybe 1% of their range lol). However, I think on an Ace high limped board the opponent almost certainly has it and is very unlikely to fold any bet.

Flop raise is good though. IDK maybe unknown 50nl players will call with like A8 and fold turn. I'd also raise most weaker Ace hands and check the turn (betting AJ, maybe A9), so I check here for balance as well.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:05 AM

hero had the gutshot on the flop too

the 5c is a pretty safe card, so after being raised on the flop and checking the turn, villain is pretty unlikely to Check raise all in on the turn. I don't think we have to worry abuot calling a shove here very often at all.

Even if we did, i dont think its terrible with a decent combo draw.

I think chekcing behind on the turn also reduces our chance of getting money in if we hit on the river, not to mention it kills our chance of taking the pot down immediately which is probably our best option considering we have 9 high here.