Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

yah - lampley was just a dream scenario.

i'd love it if max got involved but he's such a boxing guy. agree that couture is great in the booth.

on the ufc on demand thing, i've only had it for 2 days so there's a ton of stuff to watch. i may cancel it at some point, but it's 10 bucks and maybe if we all pay for it they can get lampley.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:22 PM

Max is another dream guy, but he has defended MMA when Lampley and Merchant went off on it during an HBO broadcast this year. It was pretty awesome.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Max is another dream guy, but he has defended MMA when Lampley and Merchant went off on it during an HBO broadcast this year. It was pretty awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up with the Kellerman's, including Max, and there is no way he would do MMA
Old 11-19-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I grew up with the Kellerman's, including Max, and there is no way he would do MMA

[/ QUOTE ]

i just read about sam's murder - i had never heard about that before - pretty insane.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Steel,

what is the real story behind his brother's death?
if this is too sensitive a topic or inappropriate just let me know. i am a huge max k. fan and think he is genius...just seems like such a sad deal that went down.

thanks. J.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:32 PM

From wikipedia:

Murder of brother

On October 17, 2004, the body of Max's brother Sam was found near a hammer in his Hollywood apartment. As a result of the ensuing investigation, former boxer James Butler was arrested and charged with Sam's murder. He later confessed to the murder and was given a 29 year sentence.[1]

As an unfortunate stroke of bad luck, when Adam Carolla's manager was inviting Kellerman to the premiere of his new boxing film, The Hammer, he did not know that Sam Kellerman's murder was committed by Butler, who was known as "The Harlem Hammer". Adam stated on his radio show, The Adam Carolla Show, that he felt bad about the incident and pointed out what a crazy coincidence it really was.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

max would, he's been an MMA fan and would pimp UFC PPVs when he did around the horn. I never watched IMax on FSN, so I don't know if he went out of his way to mention UFC on that show. he is predominetly a boxing guy, but I'm sure if he was offered enough, he would probably consider doing color for UFC
Old 11-20-2007, 12:12 AM

they need to stop these guys from reading their ridiculous lists of sponsors and they should also outlaw those banners they hang behind them prefight and chill out on the switching to various hats and shirts during postfight. i realize a lot of these guys are probably scraping by financially and will take any endorsement thy can get, but even the superstars do it and it makes the whole operation look pretty jv.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:47 AM

I don't mind the banners at all. I don't mind them putting on hats and shirts either, but it does look pretty bush when they're scrambling to do it. Reading off a list of sponsors is probably the thing that bugs me the most, but overall it's "meh".

There wasn't an over saturation of fighter sponsors in Pride, but I'm not sure how much of that was fighter pay (I'm reasonably sure the median pay was higher in Pride) or if it wasn't condoned by the organization.

Edit: Honestly, I'd rather they not interview fighters after fights at all. Only a few guys (Rampage is a good example) have enough wit and charisma to really think on their feet after a fight and say ANYTHING interesting. Just let these guys go to the back, interview them in the locker room, and put it on the website.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:06 AM

The top offender is still the phantom sips from the unopened Xyience cans. Got damn that [censored] was ridiculous. I still love Kenny Florian though.

On that note, is Kenny Florian the best striker at 155?

Also, does anyone else think that Dan Henderson has the best chance of dethroning Anderson Silva? I think it's pretty fair to say that he has thoroughly dominated every single one of his fights in the UFC.
Closed Thread