Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

[ QUOTE ]
Just so you guys know, there's a pretty good Strikeforce card tonight. It's streaming for free on Yahoo at 11 PM ET.

[/ QUOTE ]

join us mma-maniacs on the IRC server irc.synirc.net then #mma

im ThrasheR there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] always some good action going during events
Old 11-16-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just so you guys know, there's a pretty good Strikeforce card tonight. It's streaming for free on Yahoo at 11 PM ET.

[/ QUOTE ]

join us mma-maniacs on the IRC server irc.synirc.net then #mma

im ThrasheR there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] always some good action going during events

[/ QUOTE ]

Downloading mirc as we speak.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:31 PM

ufc 79 is going to be amazing, I'm so exciting. I mean..I'll watch 78 tomorrow obviously, but I am PUMPED for 79.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:43 AM

teh difference with lindland is his personality though. I'd also say that Hendo is a much more exciting fighter then lindland over the course of their respective careers. I've watched both for a very long time, and Hendo has been a much more exciting fighter then lindland IMO. Using Victory % doesn't go into how the fights play out in the ring. Hendo is always more willing to bang then Lindland has ever been

as far as UFC pimping it's brand over fighters, it's what they do best. They are run like a real pro wrestling promotion. It's impossible to deny that, and with a pro wrestling style promotion, the promotion itself is the focal point, but it needs to build stars to help the brand be viable.

It's a coefficient, but the fact is UFC is the master MMA brand in america, and people buy UFC to see the fights, and they want exciting fights. That's what keeps them coming back ultimately, and with good promotion, they also get big fights that can be exciting. But, if you have a series of fights like the Slyvia/Arlovski fight then you are screwed as apromotion and UFC won't be the fun thing to watch anymore. THe only reason that the Tito/Evans fight has any viability is because of tito's pro-wrestling like promo skills, if it weren't for Tito knowing how to come across as a larger then life character, then a ME like that could be a crowd killer
Old 11-17-2007, 05:14 AM

I'm pumped for tomorrow's UFC, planning on watching it at a local sports bar near my place with a bunch of guys. Gonna be a good time.

I watched the countdown show on spike and was surprised to not see any Karo interview. Last time he fought he was the 2nd biggest card and got nice media coverage. Guy made a big cocky splash in last season's TUF as well. Dunno, is he on the outs with Dana?
Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 AM

No comments at all on Validation? The whole UFC was pretty meh imo. And my fav fighter got destroyed tonight in a really brutal fashion.

No way evans will go that much farther up the ladder with that lackluster win. Bisping doesn't have that punching power that's needed either. Anyways, pretty disappointing UFC overall. Next one will be top notch though.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:25 AM

last night's show was pretty boring.

dont think evans is a contender, altho his next fight is prob for a title shot. glad bisping lost just so he can drop down to 185 now.

i hope karo finally gets his shot now, although he didnt look good.

henderson/anderson silva in march. sweet.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:01 PM

Karo's probably going to fight Jon Fitch for a title shot. St. Pierre is lined up after Hughes/Serra.

Fitch/Karo will be sick. Hendo/Silva will be sick as well.

Dana looked like an idiot before the event saying the winner of Bisping/Evans is top 5, and he looks dumber after the show. That comment still bugs the crap out of me. Neither is a top 10 LHW in the UFC, let alone the world rankings.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 AM

Multiple MMA outlets are reporting A. Silva/Henderson for UFC 82.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How did Hughes get unlucky? He chose the fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot Hughes picked that fight. Did they show their reasoning for it? I really don't understand why they would put their #2 guy against Serra's clear #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

J-Rock wanted to fight George
Closed Thread