Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: kobe wants out

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They were pretty damn close to this year. Nash couldn't play at end of game 1. Game 5 was pretty close despite amare and diaw's absense. Bell improved a lot. You can argue that game 4 was given to the suns by the refs, but spurs had calls going thier way in game 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the people spouting about how they aren't built to win it all, aren't as good as the Spurs etc. (Sickboy you're a troll so I don't mean you) seem to conveniently ignore the Nash injury or the suspensions that probably cost them one or possibly both games. They take one of those and there's a game 7 in front of a packed, explosive home crowd. Advantage Suns, at the very least, and then they have the Jazz roll over the next round.

One could argue that Dirk is so effed in the head by now that the Mavs need to put someone alongside him now in order to win it all. Not sure that I believe that but the Suns don't have such a problem: Nash has a good reputation as a big-game player and the Suns did a MUCH better job this year closing out games down the stretch. Thus they don't have any extra bogeymen other than age, injury, and suspensions.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Amare gets better at playing defense and Nash plays the same without any injuries then they have a decent shot but they still are not anywhere close to the fav by any means.

I'll always take the Spurs over the Suns in a 7 game series because the Spurs will force the Suns to play their style of ball which puts the Suns at a big disadvantage. They also have Tim Duncan.

The Suns with Kobe are the clear favorite to win it all. In fact they would be an overwhelming favorite...and they would be the favorite for like the next 5 years.

The Suns have 2 maybe 3 years left and then they are FUBAR sans Nash. No way Barbosa can ever take over that role unless some miracle happens.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Suns with Kobe are the clear favorite to win it all. In fact they would be an overwhelming favorite...and they would be the favorite for like the next 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next five years? =(
Old 06-01-2007, 01:49 PM

Bump for this:

Starting 5

1. Jarrett Jack
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Brandon Roy
4. LaMarcus Aldridge
5. Greg Oden

SHIP TROPHIES PLZ
Old 06-01-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump for this:

Starting 5

1. Jarrett Jack
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Brandon Roy
4. LaMarcus Aldridge
5. Greg Oden

SHIP TROPHIES PLZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think the Lakers could get/should get maybe a 2008 1st rounder as well?

I still don't think a trade will happen. Buss doesn't want to be known as the guy that got rid of Shaq and Kobe. Then again he could put a balsy spin on it by saying he'd ship anyone away who he didn't like.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:19 PM

This trade is crazy. On top of trading the best player in the NBA for 1 good player and a scrub player, their contracts are both extremely long and bloated. I think this is a leveling trade. Kobe, if traded, won't be traded for scraps. He's still young, he's still got a ton of talent. I don't think either ZR or Miles is where they want to go. On top of both being head cases, they aren't anywhere near as good as Kobe.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This trade is crazy. On top of trading the best player in the NBA for 1 good player and a scrub player, their contracts are both extremely long and bloated. I think this is a leveling trade. Kobe, if traded, won't be traded for scraps. He's still young, he's still got a ton of talent. I don't think either ZR or Miles is where they want to go. On top of both being head cases, they aren't anywhere near as good as Kobe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I was just surprised that the trade machine let it go through.

Can't the Lakers cut D-Miles though and somehow benefit their salary cap? I honestly don't understand how all that stuff works, so I'm just asking.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:10 PM

The trade machine lets anything go through that doesn't break any trade rules. It basically sees if the money works. I've made some amazing deals for the Celtics with that thing. Move over Danny.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are the players at the top the ones who would be in a deal for Kobe or just players who could be in a deal for Kobe? For the Chicago Bulls specifically: That's way to much to give up for Kobe if you're going by the players at the top of your paragraph. In the middle of the paragraph you have Gordon and Noc for Kobe which I think clearly isn't enough for Kobe. Mind clearing this up?? Thanks.

P.S. I tried understanding what you're trying to do with that section by reading to first two paragraphs, but I'm still confused.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hm. The Bulls one mean COULD be any of the two. Obviously, giving up four players is a tad too much for Kobe. On the otherhand, I really don't see Bulls making a move anytime soon. If you ask me Bulls > Cavs (who won the Leastern Conf an hour ago), i'd say yes in a heartbeat. Basically, it's a crapshoot right now in the Eastern. I did the trade specifically so that the salary cap would make sense for the next season, not necessarily from the trading perspective. Of course, I don't see why Lakers wouldn't take BG and Deng (or Nocioni) if there is no other way to help Kobe out.

What I was trying to say is that the Lakers will have a VERY hard time clearing cap spaces this summer because they only have one big expiring contract (Kwame) to hand out along with so few pieces to give out (Bynum & Lamar). Of course, you could probably use those three to get KG (which I definitely will in an instant if I'm the Lakers but will McHale? No.) It will be interesting to see the story develops, though, because of the following things happening:

1) Nuggets want to clear cap spaces for the future. Camby is 32 years old, injury prone, havent played 70 games in a reg season since God knows when, and Lakers NEED a postman. Lakers can give up Kwame (God I'd throw him in a trash can if i can) straight up for Camby in terms of salary cap issues, but Denver can possibly squeeze out couple of draft picks or another player (like Mo Evans). However, Nuggets, upon K-Mart's return next season, can be deadly.

2) Bobcats making a move on Kobe with G Wallace and Morrison (wtf?). Honestly, I wouldn't even think about it unless they bring Felton to the table (like I said in my blog.) But would Kobe want to play in such a small market team yet compete and have a GREAT chance to make it to the finals EVERY year (look at what LeBron did this series).

3) Phoenix Suns. Seeing him and Nash makes my blood boil.

SomethingClever,
NBA contracts are guaranteed. There is no freaking way in hell I'd ever do this deal. Why would Lakers want Miles and Randolph for Kobe? If Kobe is dealt, it marks the beginning of a rebuilding stage, and getting D Miles until the year 2010 isn't exactly rebuilding. Meh, in fact, I don't even want Zach Randolph on my rebuilding team.

However, if you toss in couple of great young guns (Roy, Aldridge, maybe Outlaw) then it's enticing. But I wrote in my blog that there is no way Portland management office would or should do anything. They are in a great rebuilding stage and finally can contend within 3 to 4 years. This is the moment they've been waiting for since losing game 7 to Lakers and Co. in the Western Conf years back.

Sickboy seems to know what he's talking about. Tuq please tell me you wouldn't want to see Kobe on your team. PLEASE tell me.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:17 AM

I just read on ESPN insider that the Lakers called up Denver to see if Camby was available. Are they doing this because they want to potentially trade Kobe for Camby (and presumably plenty of other stuff)? Or do they want to acquire Camby as a complement to Kobe? I'm a huge Nuggets fan and would of course LOVE that trade, but it just seems absolutely insane to me. Like so crazy it's beyond the realm of consideration.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:00 AM

Pergesu,
Read my post above yours item #1 please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]