Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Tiger vs Vijay
Tiger 105 90.52%
Vijay 11 9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Re: POLL: Mark Seif as poker commentator

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that Seif is following a lot of instructions from producers. That's why we hear him repeating himself and hyping up events which he has to know are no big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
You, sir are a very kind gentleman.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:21 PM

He's dreadful. Both those PPT guys remind me of 2 geeky high school students announcing the local varsity football game for a public access channel.

Even Seif's actual poker analysis is so weak, it makes me question his skill as a player. He doesn't recognize pot odds, rarely goes deeper than 1st level thinking, and is even mostly off when reading a player's intention with a certain move. Like I don't think he even understands the concept of a blocking bet.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's dreadful. Both those PPT guys remind me of 2 geeky high school students announcing the local varsity football game for a public access channel.

Even Seif's actual poker analysis is so weak, it makes me question his skill as a player. He doesn't recognize pot odds, rarely goes deeper than 1st level thinking, and is even mostly off when reading a player's intention with a certain move. Like I don't think he even understands the concept of a blocking bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this. Some of the things he has said really make wonder about this guy. The only "concept" he seems to know is that HE LOVES SUITED CONNECTORS and thinks they should be played at all times regardless of position, preflop raises or stack sizes.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this. Some of the things he has said really make wonder about this guy. The only "concept" he seems to know is that HE LOVES SUITED CONNECTORS and thinks they should be played at all times regardless of position, preflop raises or stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 08-04-2006, 09:26 AM

If nothing else, at least he occasionally emphasizes the fact that every poker player in the world wants the prestige of being the first PPT chamption.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:58 AM

im conflicted on seif.
my instincts tell me the producers make him dumb it down. on wednesday i recall seif acknowledging pot odds on all-ins and doing a half decent job. u gotta remember the producers dont want him making deep incisive [complex!] comments.

NOTHING bothers me more than on poker shows [mostly espn] when someone goes all in, and not only do the anouncers not at all acknoledge that pot odds is a major part of the equation they dont even tell the viewer what the pot odds are. some guy is sitting there figuring out whether to call with 88 or AJ and i the viewer have no idea whether he's getting 1.3 to 1 or 3.5 to 1.
its a f u cking disgrace, and espn sucks a s s
Old 08-04-2006, 10:32 AM

I don't remember ever hearing him say that...
Old 08-04-2006, 02:11 PM

I still prefer these two geeks over the ESPN duo.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:29 PM

I thought he was fine. If you don't like his style, that's one thing. Don't agree with him, sure okay. It sounds to me like most people bashing him here would rather go stand at the rail and watch a tournament without any commentary at all.

I'm just glad to have more choices in what poker shows to watch. I like being able to see the tournament play change from beginning to final table, and there isn't another show that does that. Besides, every show takes a few episodes to get it's footing and this one's no different.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought he was fine. If you don't like his style, that's one thing. Don't agree with him, sure okay. It sounds to me like most people bashing him here would rather go stand at the rail and watch a tournament without any commentary at all.

I'm just glad to have more choices in what poker shows to watch. I like being able to see the tournament play change from beginning to final table, and there isn't another show that does that. Besides, every show takes a few episodes to get it's footing and this one's no different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering if Mark's comments aren't out of his control.
Meaning, his comments don't run with the editing of the hands properly.

I think he is good and gives good advice and insight to the beginner.

RazzO