Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Four Idiots

[ QUOTE ]
Live Poker is the coolest
cp 30-60

a wierd trucker hillbilly guy basically teleports his way into the seat next to me as i fail to notice he and his 450lbs of retard slide in at arond 3:30 am. He buys in for 400 and runs it up to 2300 immediatly. The table smells blood

hero raises Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG
retarded fat trucker (rft) 3 bets, i 4, he 5, i call

flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
i c/r, he 3 bets, i call

turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i c/r, he 3, i 4, and we proceed to raise back and forth until we have 19 bets in the pot and i am felted

RFT has the old AA and i become on of the first players at canterbury to successfully double up for over 1k.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't I ever get these hands? Any time I cooler somebody (like my recent quads vs. top boat hand), I just win like 4 bets at most. And I say to myself, "If this was no limit, I'd have his entire stack." And then I say to myself, "But thank God I am not playing that miserable, painful, obnoxious game known as no limit."

This hand is the best of both worlds -- doubling up at limit.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 PM

20/40 last night.

I open in the SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB calls. BB is Gary, I like to call him Action Gary, for obvious reasons.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I Bet, He calls.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I Bet, He calls.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, I call.

Gary has T8, NH Gary.
---------------------------------------

Another good one.

Villan opens from CO, I 3-bet QQ from the SB. Heads up.

Flop: QTT

bet, call.

Turn: 7

Bet, call.

River 7.

Bet, raise, raise, raise, raise, raise, raise, raise, raise.

He feels bad after about 6 bets and says, I have Quads.

Villan turns over 77. Nice hand Villan.

The worst part was that he was the same Villan from the Hand where I flopped Queens full the on a Q66 board and he has 66.

------------------------------------------------------
So I dropped down to 6/12 today and I can't beat that either. How much do you think I can win playing $3/6 in a year?

Hit the 300 hour mark last night of breaking even. Bout time to get a job I guess.

You know you are running bad when you can't even beat the Tetris game on your cell phone.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how long he'd been playing, but I do admit I felt winded from the jetlag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell were you? Must be some jetlag to quit betting the nuts!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:15 PM

Hi Andy,

Six of One told me your hand was so funny that I had to log in here out of retirement to read. Even I would have kept raising.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:16 PM

puke, worst misclick in a long time

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.33 BB
Old 10-23-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20/40 last night.

I open in the SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I Bet, He calls.

I Bet, He calls.

Gary has T8, NH Gary.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) chop preflop
2) what is bad/unusual about this hand? Both of you played it fine and it is really standard. So he turned a two-outer; oh well.
3) sorry you're running bad -- I can empathize. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
20/40 last night.

I Bet, He calls.

I Bet, He calls.

Gary has T8, NH Gary.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) chop preflop
2) what is bad/unusual about this hand? Both of you played it fine and it is really standard. So he turned a two-outer; oh well.
3) sorry you're running bad -- I can empathize. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't chop anymore and I love it. The hand is pretty standard though and I would have played it the same, of course I would have hit a Ten on the turn if I was him.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:23 PM

Chopping is so bad, if I become a winning poker player again I'm going to quit chopping in lhe games. I just need to repeat Saturday a few dozen times and I'll be in business.

Just finished a fun session where I was -40bb in like 15 mins 3 tabling and somehow won it all back plus a few dollars just in time to type this and put on a sweatshirt to go see some movie for a class in a couple minutes. Aside from that absolutely horrendous misclick above I felt I played sickly good and was able to fold top pair and even two pair in spots I never would normally even though it seemed obvious I was beat. Unfortunately the super duper tough expert TAGs used their witchcraft to 2 out me on the turn with their "overpair" every time I had them right where I wanted them with AA/KK. Such is life I suppose.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:28 PM

Europe. First day back. I included myself in my post title.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:30 PM

If it got you to unretire and make an appearance, it was worth it!

Hope all is well.

Regards,
Andy
Closed Thread