Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: looking to stake people part 3

[ QUOTE ]
I'm accepting stakes for $25/50 and $50/100. PM me your proposal and I'll consider if you are good enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has occurred to me that I've neglected to put in some stats.

+100k hands before with approximately the same winrate in a database I accidentally nuked.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:35 PM

Need a stake big time. Was once a competent nl100 - nl200 grinder. But lost half my roll in may and became sick of the game then withdrew the rest and bustoed that from drinkin and travellin. Plus I start back college in a week and I cant be [censored] working for minwage.

PM me for aim, bebo myspace wotever.

Will happilly accept a stake for 25nl
[image][/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

Old 09-02-2007, 02:37 PM

tbh, we probably wont stake people for higher than 5/10. we are looking to stake multiple people and dont want to give all our money to one person.

invid,

probably. my ego is pretty big.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tbh, we probably wont stake people for higher than 5/10. we are looking to stake multiple

[/ QUOTE ]

Busto.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:40 PM

Jfish,

I would definately be interested in anything you may offer. I am currently at NL100 because I have had to do some cashing out. My situation is that I am from the UK and have a family with 4 children and a full time Job. Even so I still manage to get in 15k-20k hands a month.

I would like to move upto 200NL and eventually 400NL+. I am well rolled for 100NL and take care of my bankroll as I cannot afford to go busto and so I cannot move up to 200NL yet.

Here are my 100NL stats and a lifetime graph of 100NL.

Although my winrate is not that impressive it also takes into account a 30K breakeven stretch that was hard going but I managed to get on top of it and am now winning well. My stats are slightly skewd aswell as I have loosened up slightly over the last 20K+. I run at
VPIP 19.5
PFR 15.5
TAF 3.5
WTSD 26
W$SD 50

I have been mining 200NL on Tilt but I actually play on other sites. I am very confident that I can beat 200NL at the same rate as I do 100NL as I don't see too much of a difference other than a few less donkies, although there are still plenty at both sites I play.

I spend about 5 hours a week learning ontop of my playing time by reading 2+2, FTR & CardRunners. I also watch at least 2 videos a week.

Anyway, if you are interested in talking about staking me for 200NL then please PM me. Alternatively if Coaching is another option I would certainly welcome that with open arms.

Cheers

Martyn
Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 PM

I am a FR nit and i like to 12 table. My first 8-10k hands on this graph i had no idea what i was doing and have since put alot more effort into poker.

Lately i took some stupid shots and let a friend borrow some money which i cashed off of Stars and received in cash so that was discouraging to the growth of my bankroll.

I feel I would be more driven to play under a staking arrangement like this, as you can see from my graph i am pretty lazy. I would have moved by now but truth be told i spend most of my money on weed and other stupid [censored] like movies, dinners, clothes etc.

I have done various transfers with some HSNL'rs and other 2p2'rs who can vouch for my credibility as far as being trustworthy. I speak with well respected players like WestmenloAA and Richie Menlo on a regular basis.

I am not in school and have no job so i have nothing but time to learn and play. I had alot more to include in this but i didnt want to ramble so if there is further consideration feel free to PM me or w/e. This is a very generous offer you propose, best of luck to you and whomever you choose.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:12 PM

Started off playing poker at a local homegame 2 years ago, 1/2 & 2/5 FR. Played 20 sessions or so, winning about 14 of those and killing the game for > $6000 overall. I spent all profits immediately (furniture, TV, a week in NYC). I figured I could beat the game indefinately, safely on a 2 BI BR. Few weeks later busted a BI @ 2/5 when I got it in with QQ against KK in rr-pot on an 8-high flop. Tilted off 3 buy-ins that night ($1500), and decided to quit the game a winner overall. No poker for the next few months, then one day, bored, I deposited $200 @ FT. Within 2 hours I'd run it up to $1400 playing 1/2 FR, moved up to 2/4 FR and bustoed in the next 1.5 hr. Redeposited 2x that night, for a total of $800, and went promptly busto. Thought, Wow, I'm a degen and poker will break me, so I quit, I thought for good. One year later (5 months ago), I still hadn't stopped thinking about poker, so I bought and read some books (HOH, TOP, NLHAP, Poker Mindset, et. al.), found 2+2 through TOP, obsessively lurked, and decided to put my newfound NL knowledge to the test. Deposited $500 3 months ago, 4-tabled .25/.50, ran up my BR to $1900 @ 7.22 PTBB/100, moved up to .5/1, doubled the roll to 3900 @ 5.78 PTBB/100, moved up to 1/2, played 4k hands @ +9 PTBB/100, then had to bust my roll because my dentist (who I hadn't seen in 7 years) said I needed 2 root canals and 16 other fillings, and I had no other way to pay for the $5200 of dental work but to withdraw my BR. Now my roll is $287, or will be when last month's rakeback comes through, and I'm starting again this Saturday, looking to grind my way back up from (LOL) .1/.25. I'm really dreading the lower limits because I've never played so low before and $25 just doesn't mean a hell of a lot to me. A stake would be huge.

My ambition is to improve as a poker player and make some good money doing it. I'm intelligent (1590 combined SAT, back in the days of the 1600 point scale, and, according to the International High IQ Society, I have an IQ of 139, documentation available by request), and I have a real interest in excelling and improving at poker. I'm competitive, studious, driven, and I listen and learn well. All of this is documentable one way or another (PT graphs, screenshots, dental records and bills, SAT reporting, etc., etc.). If interested, PM me and I'll send whatever info you'd like to review.

Edit to say that I'm a 6-max player. I haven't played FR, with the exception of like 200 hands @ 1/2, since early '06.

Edit2 to say that I'm interested in staking for .5/1 or 1/2 but would like to play 2/4-5/10 eventually.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:36 PM

jfish, your posts in msnl often make my nose bleed because they are the exact opposite of what I think. But I saw your graph and all and it makes me sick. I make 4ptbb at 400NL, plz coach me so I could reach the 7 ptbb.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jfish, your posts in msnl often make my nose bleed because they are the exact opposite of what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets not mince words, just call me a fish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 09-02-2007, 05:44 PM

Hope I'm not too late for this.

I've been entertaining a staking/coaching/mentoring relationship for a while but never really knew how to get involved or find a staker.

I've been playing full time for 2 years. The first year I played mostly STT's and did very well. At the beginning of 2007 I moved to cash and have had decent success. I have beaten every level and type of poker that I've ever attempted and am confident that I can play higher than 200NL (my current level). The 2 main reasons I haven't moved up are:

1. I don't play nearly enough as I should (lazy?)
2. Monthly expenses (house, car, loans, etc) are too high to consistently build a roll to move up as well.

Here are most of my cash game stats from Jan 01, 2007 to the present (a bunch are missing from different sites I played on that didn't support ptracker)

And here are my sharkscope graph and stats
Closed Thread