Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Flop spot

giving SB AJs, AQo, and KQs seems too light for an 18% cap in the SB vs UTG and CO.

i also don't agree with having any AKo (or AhJh???) hands in UTG's range.

also keep in mind that ~20% equity assumes two chances to hit a set.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:04 PM

Given the description of SB he can have a little bit of everything. He can slowplay AA, KK and decide to cap A7o or gamble with QJo. Trying to give this guy a range based on rational choice is futile IMO

The next problem is then if UTG is aware of this. If so he might very well be isolating with AK, AQ, AJ here. In particular if he has a bdfd and definetely if he has a fd. I know I would against spassy SB

If UTG isnt aware I think his range here is good fd's and overpairs + sets.

Anyways. I hate myself when I 3-bet here and its only because of how OP described SB.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:13 PM

ok, my stove if pretty messed up (bad clicking)... but I put those other hands for the reasons oink said. from UTG's perspective, if he is aware of any spazziness from SB, this should look like an ideal spot to shut us out with exactly the hand we have.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we will get pretty reliable information about SB's hand by coldcalling, allowing us to make a prudent fold on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? isnt SB calling with 100% of his range? doesnt tell us if he has overs or JJ and is getting cold feet and it tells us nothing about UTG. Wouldnt a 3bet giv eu sthe best information about both hands and maybe knock out SB's overs in case we some how do have the best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, SB is always calling 1 more, but we can pretty reliably rule out AA/KK/88 if he doesnt 3bet imo.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, SB is always calling 1 more, but we can pretty reliably rule out AA/KK/88 if he doesnt 3bet imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it tells us nothing about UTG and lets him draw to 6 outs if we somehow have the best hand?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But it tells us nothing about UTG and lets him draw to 6 outs if we somehow have the best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
that makes it sound like a pretty [censored] option then, i guess im not torn between those options any more and ill go back to my original answer of 3betting... i duno maybe thats spew too, this spot is just [censored]... I'm also kind of putting this in the context of another similar hand i posted in MHSH... I ended up folding the best hand on the turn when I was up against TT and 99. perhaps im being (personal) results oriented here....

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post13028203
Old 11-21-2007, 11:02 PM

this is a really easy flop fold