Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Heroes Episode 19 official thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, best scene of the show is when she hinted at screwing the glasses dude with his daughter's body

[/ QUOTE ]

That was awesome. I was thinking, "She didn't just mean what I thought she meant? That would be soooo wrong."

[/ QUOTE ]

When'd that happen/get suggested?? I thought of it during lunch as a what if yesterday(If Mr.Bennet hooked up with Candice looking like Claire, is that wrong?), but it actually was mentioned?

Do you mean the "I could show him thing that could drive him insane line."? I thought that meant she'd morph into a dying Claire/Sandra/Lyle/Mr. Muggles scene.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling I will become really frustrated with Hiro plot as the timetravel won't make logical sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can time travel ever make logical sense? Its paradoxical by its very nature.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:29 PM

jman,

Im curious on your thoughts on how it is paradoxical within the context of the show - where a person can travel across both space and time, slowing down time and reversing time (I think the theory is called Hawkins Arrow where time can be reversed).

Time travel in context of a Delorean is totally impossible, for reasons of the expanding universe. IE if a time machine travelled back in time one year, it would be billions of miles away from where it travelled from because it wouldnt move relative to the point on Earth it origionally was.

Dont get me wrong, there are lots of paradoxs in time travel (theory anyway) but the concept of time traval is not.

If you dont want to hijack the thread, feel free to PM me as i think ive got a few empty slots in my PM box.

-----

Also, that isnt what she meant in the line. It was a general catch-all, and you merely interpreted it how you wanted to hear it. Freud would have enjoyed it though.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, that isnt what she meant in the line. It was a general catch-all, and you merely interpreted it how you wanted to hear it. Freud would have enjoyed it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it probably was a general "I could [censored] with your mind in so many ways right now". I went to some sort of sexual act. That tells you where my mind was at.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 PM

Why did Peter not stop those flying glass pieces that came flying towards him?
Mohinder was hanging on the roof bleeding, why is he not seriously injured?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jman,

Im curious on your thoughts on how it is paradoxical within the context of the show - where a person can travel across both space and time, slowing down time and reversing time (I think the theory is called Hawkins Arrow where time can be reversed).

Time travel in context of a Delorean is totally impossible, for reasons of the expanding universe. IE if a time machine travelled back in time one year, it would be billions of miles away from where it travelled from because it wouldnt move relative to the point on Earth it origionally was.

Dont get me wrong, there are lots of paradoxs in time travel (theory anyway) but the concept of time traval is not.

If you dont want to hijack the thread, feel free to PM me as i think ive got a few empty slots in my PM box.

-----

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant it was paradoxical in the sense that if you go back in time, you alter history, which alters your decision to go back in time in some fashion, etc. etc. etc.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:12 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about them starting with all new characters next season. I really like some of the characters in this one, and it would suck to start all over with everyone all confused about their powers. Still, I think thats better than when they try to make a story last longer than it should, and stretch it out so it becomes retarded.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how I feel about them starting with all new characters next season. I really like some of the characters in this one, and it would suck to start all over with everyone all confused about their powers. Still, I think thats better than when they try to make a story last longer than it should, and stretch it out so it becomes retarded.

[/ QUOTE ] Them starting over is retarded. Theres so many storlines they can use. THEY ARE SUPERHEROES! I dont care if they bring in 2 or 3 new characters but they need a core of main characters. Remember how they beginning was real slow because we needed character development and stuff? well I dont want that every season. I really dont see them restarting every season.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:30 PM

Phil, Asimov did a story where it's said that the person also moves to where the Earth should be when traveling. (only forward, can't go back cause you'd change the history, meaning you never decided to go back)

Gamblore, it's rumored Season 2 will be Volume 2:Generations. Hiro's dad+sister, Nathan's parents, Mohinder's dad+sister, etc.... Most of the characters we love will be back, but they might get put in the background a little more while we focus on others. The special people we've seen are the tip of the iceberg, we gotta see some of the others.

MegaloMialo, he's was hoping Sylar had no idea where to aim, didn't know he could hear superly. Mohinder only seems to have had minor injuries (busted lip I think)
Old 04-25-2007, 09:41 PM

Like Jack said, i see no evidence of them starting over entirely. Im pretty sure they say they will deal with the generational aspect of the show, delving into Hiro, his father, Peter and Nathans Parents and their links to Lindeman, The Black/White family and Jessica/Nikki's past etc.

Peter didnt stop the glass because he was facing away from it (for whatever reason). His psychokinetic power seems to work on line of sight.

As for Mohinder im pretty sure it showed he was stabbed in the wrist by something when being held up, but that isnt going to stop him that much once released.

It seems Sylar had only started on Mohinder when Peter arrived.