Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: DEF
New ENGLAND vs. DET 6 85.71%
Tampa @ PIT 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

i just got dealt AA 2x in a row FTP 1-2 FR, ~44000-1 of that? lost them both LDO, raise 3 limps and cold-calling SB hits a flush on turn; raise 1 limp, his 53o hits 2 pair on turn HU.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS Celtics are going down Sunday, NJ got creamed and Bosh is still not in game shape yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was at the Nets/Raptors game last night with our work tickets. Center court ftw. I hate the NBA and it was hi-larious watching the Nets lose by almost 40.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:07 PM

I so remember thinking shadow and current gf wouldnt last because shadow didnt want to commit. way to turn it around sir. congrats shadow. holla.

in unrelated news...my eldest turned 4 yesterday and my youngest turns 2 in a couple of days. my brother in law got them an electronic indoor bowling alley for a present. it has an auto ball return and everything. awesome. I havent bowled a perfect game yet but I wasnt sobern last night. go me.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:45 PM

ZOMG that's awesome...party at Ozi's tonight!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:15 PM

OZI CAN I CRASH ON UR COUCH IF I COME TO AU!?!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:01 PM

Played in a winner take all satellite to a CPT event in two weeks today. 160 invited, 110 came.

Completely card dead, I won one hand when I got to see the flop for free from the bb and hit two pair with 62. That bought me a round of blinds.

Continued to flop two pair but of course I wasn't lucky enough to be in the blind again so never collected. Saw AJs with a round of blinds left to me was in CO had one limper went all in and took it. Next round A3s UTG go all in with get called by button with AK and I spike my 3 on the turn. Straightened too go figure.

Stole blinds twice before I was about to go busto. So now I am down to 10k with the blinds at 3k/6k UTG with A7H. I go all in again and its folded to the bb who had 9k left in his stack.

He calls the 4k more for showdown with 84 of hearts. Flop comes K56 with two hearts. Turn is the 4. River wasn't any heart, any ace any 7 any eight or any 3 and I finish 19th.

One more satellite to go from the bar league. Sitting in first place (we played once a week for chips for this event) Eight weeks, 300 chips to show up for the week and 300 if you make the final table. Made the final table 6 times. (Yes these guys suck)

So that one will have around 25 people. One other guy has same stack as me, everyone else is at least 1200 behind.

Will be interesting to see if I can play with the big stack against these guys, although I think the best strategy is to stay tight and hope I catch someone bluffing.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 PM

7 wasn't an out.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:24 PM

oh right he had an eight. still lots of friggin outs lol.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:34 PM

first table just sat down, second table picked it. Think I need to pick my tables more often....sadly I busted it.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:47 AM

Regarding dating anniversaries:
[ QUOTE ]
hmmm, i would have to say v, but i've been married for 15 years. dating anniversaries would long be a thing of the past except our dating anniversary is Pearl Harbor Day which makes it kind of memorable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same sentiment with slightly different information.

I played online last night for the first time in over a month. Made a little money at 1/2 and the game broke up so I stepped into a 2/4 game for the very first time and promptly got hammered for 20% of my bankroll due to a horrible run of second-best type hands. Five hands accounted for pretty much all the damage: runner-runner flush, a fairly ordinary blind hand where my opponent's dominated A hit his bottom card, top pair on flop -> trips on turn -> top flush on river gets beaten by a boat, flopped top two pair gets beaten by a flopped set (those last two hands being consecutive and losing to 44 both times), and finally KK running into AA but both of us getting beaten by a miracle rivered two pair by the moron who called two extra bets cold and the pre-flop cap with J6o in the big blind. Not a pretty session moneywise but I could at least walk away knowing I played fine and there's plenty of bad players at some of those higher levels. I just need to build the bankroll to get there.