Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Endurance Prop Bets (Pool & Ocean) in Turks & Caicos

Late last night (Friday, September 28, 2007), Matt "hazards21" Giannetti agreed to a $15,000 prop bet to spend 12 straight hours (starting at midnight, ending at noon) in the pool here at Club Med in the Turks & Caicos. There was far more than that at stake in the side action.

Giannetti won the bet, climbing out of the pool to applause shortly after 12:00 noon today.

Now there is an even bigger prop bet in the works between Mark Seif and Sean McCabe. For $100,000, McCabe (who is a certified rescue diver) will stand shoulder-deep in the ocean for 24 straight hours, with nothing but cold water to sustain him (no food).

Last we heard, the bet would start tomorrow afternoon (Sunday), during the WPT Final Table being taped here. And we *will* be providing Sean McCabe updates in our final table coverage at WorldPokerTour.com if he attempts this endurance challenge. In fact, Mark Seif will be following his progress through our site, because he'll already be on his way to Aruba.

For more details, check out the WPT's Live Updates page:
http://www.worldpokertour.com/tournament/?x=updatesnews

------------------
Edited by BJ Nemeth: I deleted a few direct links after re-reading the rules for the NVG forum. My goal isn't to spam the forum to send traffic to my employer's site. But I also don't want to cut-and-paste the entire articles/videos here because they are technically copyrighted by the World Poker Tour. Let me know if I've crossed a line, and how I should correct it.