Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 04:10 PM

Default how to master the all in pusher?

I have a huge problem with a situation that happens countless times at the low limits. i play the 11$ turbos at stars and i beat them quiet well. but there is this opponent type that is driving me crazy. I am grinding them down very fast to a point where they have only 600-800 left. blinds are still 10-20 or 15-30 (sometimes 25-50). now these guys stop playing. all they do is pushing all in with most of there hands. when we see a flop, the usually push then.

How do you guys master that? i try to stay calm, stop completing the small blind and only raise with good hands. i still lay down 98s kind of hands if the push to my raise.
is this to tight? i mean these suckers really destroy the whole fun aspect of the game. and it becomes a gamble, something i dont prefer when i am clearlly better.

thx for your answers. and thx for the great content here, i might not post alot but without some of the guys here i would be so much worse than i am today!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: how to master the all in pusher?

1. wait until u get a hand

2. call these suckers

3. ????

4. Profit
Old 11-09-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a huge problem with a situation that happens countless times at the low limits. i play the 11$ turbos at stars and i beat them quiet well. but there is this opponent type that is driving me crazy. I am grinding them down very fast to a point where they have only 600-800 left. blinds are still 10-20 or 15-30 (sometimes 25-50). now these guys stop playing. all they do is pushing all in with most of there hands. when we see a flop, the usually push then.

How do you guys master that? i try to stay calm, stop completing the small blind and only raise with good hands. i still lay down 98s kind of hands if the push to my raise.
is this to tight? i mean these suckers really destroy the whole fun aspect of the game. and it becomes a gamble, something i dont prefer when i am clearlly better.

thx for your answers. and thx for the great content here, i might not post alot but without some of the guys here i would be so much worse than i am today!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing a lot of $22 head's up turbos, and I've encountered the same thing a bunch of times. What I do usually is just fold in the small blind like you said, and just wait for an Ace or a pair to call.. sometimes KQ KJ i will call with too, but it's hard to say. It makes it a gamble like you say.

When the blinds are starting to get pretty high (say 50/100) and my opponent raises all in, I will obviously lower my hand requirements a little bit, but not too much. it's a tricky situation, and I'de love if someone with more knowledge could chime in with some advice...

benny
Old 11-09-2007, 04:31 PM

When you do get a good hand, it might be better to limp in with it if they are going all in every hand, because they might fold if you raise or go all in first...
(pretty obvious concept, but I felt the need to post it anyway...)
benny
Old 11-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Yeah I've been playing the $5 ones on Bodog so it probably happens even more that level, I've even had people start shoving immediately or after the first few hands, I'm not really sure what the best thing to do is, I basically just fold until I get a decent Ace/pair/KQ type hand and hope it's good.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:03 PM

Here's a great link I found in the Sticky of this forum... It's called the SAGE system which stands for Sit And Go Endgame System which covers OP's post pretty well..

http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/15250
Old 11-09-2007, 07:49 PM

1. Learn to type grammatically correct.
2. Everything everyone has already said.
3. You don't have to 'master' these guys. You're going to beat them no matter what.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a great link I found in the Sticky of this forum... It's called the SAGE system which stands for Sit And Go Endgame System which covers OP's post pretty well..

http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/15250

[/ QUOTE ]

..But also remeber that this is a question about finishing off bad players at low blind& buy-in levels who feel short stacked with still 30bb or so. the best way ive found to counteract these guys is to wait for an Ax hand or a pair 66 or better and push. this type of player will call with almost any K,or or mediocre queen, or any pp. once they see that you are gonna play there game SOMETIMES they will slow down and allow your advatage to take over, and you can beat them down to a blind level where you can use SAGE correctly. however use it according to your reads on the opp, as calling with Q9o oop, while your opp has played only premium hands, just beacuse Sage says its proper is always a misake imo.
stick to just funamentaly sound poker at this level, and you will beat it for a good clip.