Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: More Joe Biden racial views

[ QUOTE ]
So no outcry that Biden is a racist?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, those remarks are pretty freaking racist. if anybody here or anywhere else had any thoughts of voting for Joe Biden, I'm sure we'd probably care about this.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"There's less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than 4 or 5 percent that are minorities. What is in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you're dealing with."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see anything racist about this. "What you start off with, what you're dealing with" implies, to me, that he is referencing that minorities are frequently coming from financially disadvantged families, unable to afford good education, tutors, etc, and therefore are less able to score well on tests.

Nothing racist about it. And I'm a Ron Paul supporter. I think all these claims that these people are racist are really stupid.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:24 PM

Wow, this post is soooooooooooooooooo original. Democrat makes supposedly racist remark, and the neofascist echo chamber asks, "where's the outrage?" Never heard this one before.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PAGING LEFT-WINGERS: ANOTHER EXPLANATION NEEDED.

Please provide the appropriate spin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note the difference between the right and the left. I have no problem saying Biden's remarks were stupid and ill-considered. Compare to the robust defense of Limbaugh, et al. on your side.

Which, of course, is exactly the point. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly my point was that its sort of silly to call for all right wingers to explain the comments of any single conservative commentator.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet most came out anyway and defended him anyway, looking utterly foolish and hypocritical in the process. Which isn't happening in this case. So what again was your point?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So no outcry that Biden is a racist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most already knew that before these comments. Or at least knew that Biden was a buffoon when it comes to speaking about matters concerning race. Either one should be politically damaging.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this post is soooooooooooooooooo original. Democrat makes supposedly racist remark, and the neofascist echo chamber asks, "where's the outrage?" Never heard this one before.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Biden saying that areas with white students are just naturally going to have higher test scores than areas with a lot of minorities?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone doubt the truth of this in general? It's inconvenient but not really arguable unless the minorities in question are Asian or some unusual cohorts are chosen.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PAGING LEFT-WINGERS: ANOTHER EXPLANATION NEEDED.

Please provide the appropriate spin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note the difference between the right and the left. I have no problem saying Biden's remarks were stupid and ill-considered. Compare to the robust defense of Limbaugh, et al. on your side.

Which, of course, is exactly the point. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly my point was that its sort of silly to call for all right wingers to explain the comments of any single conservative commentator.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet most came out anyway and defended him anyway, looking utterly foolish and hypocritical in the process. Which isn't happening in this case. So what again was your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is most? Do you have a list of all the "right-wingers" on this forum? And just because a few people answered ElliotR call to all right-wingers, does that mean it still makes sense to call on all right-wingers to be apologists for the Limbaugh crowd? You are on a poker site, so I'm assuming you have some concept of results oriented thinking...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have some kind of prop bet on how many times you can say "neofascist"? If so, I am sure you are winning, since you seem to have some fetish for that phrase.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a list of all the "right-wingers" on this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. With addresses. Be careful how you respond or I might key that red trans am of yours ... or worse.